Who Created God?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Uncertain817
Newbie Member

Who Created God?

Post by Uncertain817 »

It seems so many people believe everything needs a main creator, so who created God?
gogobuffalo
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Who Created God?

Post by gogobuffalo »

God is that main creator you are talking about. So He also created time. Therefore, he wouldn't be subject to time.
gogobuffalo
Familiar Member

Post by gogobuffalo »

Sorry I didn't explain much there. Uh, that would also mean that nothing would need to have Created Him because it wasn't like there was an opporunity for anything to be before him. HE was before time, started all this. It pretty much comes down to somewhere you have to have faith. And are you more willing to have faith in the fact that there's a multiverse or a collection of dust that just happened 2 explode (what created the dust?) Or that there was a God and Creator who all designed this perfectly. It seems much more reasonable to believe that there was a Creator. Then it comes down to, which religion, if any, represent this Creator? And Christianity seems to stand out there to me.
madscientist
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by madscientist »

i think it all comes down to whether you are a believer as gogobuffalo said... :) if you are willing to believe then yes it was God and a creator was needed. Now that i learn something new in biology mainly i come to think that "there must've been something to create it so logically". A perfect system which can control itself would be fine - nature - however is nature like that? it is because it has its Creator.
And if you dont believe in God - then the question that arises is exactly "Why noone created God? then if noone needed to have created Him then surely we need no creator either."
The concept of time is just mind-blowing. God must have been "doing" something for the past eternity. And future eternity? But that's just beyond our comprehension...
"Love is only possible if a choice of either love or rejecting the love is given." One of the most true things id ever heard, not so long ago.

-MMS-
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

The concept of time is just mind-blowing. God must have been "doing" something for the past eternity. And future eternity? But that's just beyond our comprehension...
Yes it is. It is so fascinating to me. I know we really can't conceive of an existence apart from time and space...but is there anything close to it in this existence?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Uncertain817
Newbie Member

Post by Uncertain817 »

gogobuffalo wrote:. HE was before time, started all this. It pretty much comes down to somewhere you have to have faith. And are you more willing to have faith in the fact that there's a multiverse or a collection of dust that just happened 2 explode (what created the dust?) .

Exploding stars known as supernovas created the dust that the universe is made of.

ANYWAYS, i know faith is a huge issue, but is there any concrete evidence that God was before time?
gogobuffalo
Familiar Member

Post by gogobuffalo »

The evidence would be that if God created all this, than He would have had to create time as well. If He did exist before all this than that would be the assumption you would have to make, because if it was only Him before then, well, there just wouldn't be time that wouldn't make sense (or at least there wouldn't be the time we have now on the scale and according to the universe, since it hadn't existed yet). On if there's any evidence that a God exists and such, there is countless. Many agnostic scientists state that the universe shows so many signs of design that they just cannot convince themselves that there could not be a God. I posted on a thread under a different subject, I think, where does it all end (which is under the subcategory questions for Christians), on how "far-fetched" Christianity and a God are, check it out if you haven't yet. That will help support this time thing as well. Which would you rather have to ask about your faith? Who created the dust or Who created the God? I'd rather count on a God being there than a collection of nonliving matter.
Enigma7457
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by Enigma7457 »

Exploding stars known as supernovas created the dust that the universe is made of.
And what are these exploding stars made of? Dust.
ANYWAYS, i know faith is a huge issue, but is there any concrete evidence that God was before time?
The first verse in the bible is "in the beginning..." I assume (maybe my mistake) that it means the beginning of time.
madscientist
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by madscientist »

Time is so relative and uncomprehensible... What does "time" mean? for me it's the movement of matter, energy, entropy and all that. I believe that if there were space, but no energy or anything in it - no time. Time would be useless since there would be nothing to measure the time for.
Also, time has no meaning when talking in reference to atoms etc. Everything would be of the same age! And the "age" or "time" has no really meaning for energy, particles, etc. It's scary to think that we are made of the same particles, electrons, atoms, maybe even molecules that our ancestors were. But does time make sense and have a meaning? No. It has a meaning only for things which change over time. a change seen in soemthing. then we perceive as time. the fact that we are trapped within time and that the time goes with us. however, someone watching us from the outside - for him that time may not mean anything. Maybe I am goin off topic etc. but its amazing to think that.
Time and space goes together. But that's plain physics. And if God exists outside our time - does He have His own time?
"Love is only possible if a choice of either love or rejecting the love is given." One of the most true things id ever heard, not so long ago.

-MMS-
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Uncertain817 wrote:
gogobuffalo wrote:. HE was before time, started all this. It pretty much comes down to somewhere you have to have faith. And are you more willing to have faith in the fact that there's a multiverse or a collection of dust that just happened 2 explode (what created the dust?) .

some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Uncertain817 wrote:

so what or who created the stars?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
frankbaginski
Valued Member

Post by frankbaginski »

We are trained all of our life to see cause and effect. B happened because A did something to cause it. From a strict materalistic sense all effects can be followed back to the creation of the universe. Take for instance a book or pile of rocks, they exist because something outside of the pile of rocks or the book did something to organize or create the item. With the universe it is the same. The cause of the universe is not the universe but something outside of it. Now God exist outside of the universe so He does not have any of the limits set for the objects inside the universe. So He can be outside of time established as part of the universe. As for time in heaven? I don't know but the Book of Job may give us a clue. There seems to be a relationship between the time in heaven and time on the earth. But God made heaven as well, so He then has to exist outside of any time bound on heaven. The proof that God exist outside of time is the prophesy that has proven true and accurate ever since the Bible was written. So reason allows us to know that God exist and a careful check of scripture allows us to know some things about Him.

For those who need a little push to take the scripture seriously there are buried codes in the Bible that could not be placed there by man. These are not the Bible codes from the popular book which was written to sell books. Take a simple one. The Torah is the first five books of the Old Testament. In the first two books the word Torah is encoded by a letter skip sequence of 49 starting with the first "t". The forth and fifth books have the same thing but the word is backward. The third book does not have Torah encoded. But if you look at the first two books with the forward words and the last two books with the words backwards. They seem to point to the third book. Encoded with a letter skip of 7 is the word Yahweh, which is one of the names of God. This is done in hebrew in the original text. If this interest you check out Cosmic Codes by Chuck Missler.
N4SC
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by N4SC »

You're asking a question which quite literally results in its own answer.

When asking "Who created God", suppose you found a completely reliable answer, i.e. another being who legitimately created God.
You would then ask, "Who created ______?" and through that Q&A we'd be taking this discussion to our graves.
You could even suppose that, in the end, you came to some original being as the one true "God", and you were able to say that this God created everything and everywhere and everyone.

But then, we concluded that from Scripture already, without going through a search party of trying to find God. He doesn't need a Creator, He is the Creator.

nuff' said.
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

madscientist wrote:Time is so relative and uncomprehensible... What does "time" mean? for me it's the movement of matter, energy, entropy and all that. I believe that if there were space, but no energy or anything in it - no time. Time would be useless since there would be nothing to measure the time for.
Also, time has no meaning when talking in reference to atoms etc. Everything would be of the same age! And the "age" or "time" has no really meaning for energy, particles, etc. It's scary to think that we are made of the same particles, electrons, atoms, maybe even molecules that our ancestors were. But does time make sense and have a meaning? No. It has a meaning only for things which change over time. a change seen in soemthing. then we perceive as time. the fact that we are trapped within time and that the time goes with us. however, someone watching us from the outside - for him that time may not mean anything. Maybe I am goin off topic etc. but its amazing to think that.
Time and space goes together. But that's plain physics. And if God exists outside our time - does He have His own time?
That's insight on time as it exists within the confines of this material universe madscientist; however, measurable sequential events in time dimensions in non-physical environments outside of our material universe in which spiritual beings interact may exist that do not adhere to the laws of physics necessary for a material universe such as our own.