The Jesus Family Tomb

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Typhoon
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

The Jesus Family Tomb

Post by Typhoon »

Hello All,

I am very interested in Christianity I have recently watched the documentary and coincidently read the book called the Jesus Family Tomb and found it to be a compelling story. The discovery of a tomb that possibly held the family of Jesus. Was looking for some hardcore Christian views of this. Please could people who have seen the film or more importantly read the book post. Tried posting on there website however not very different views there. Also the compelling evidence for Mary Magdalene or Mara Mariamne as know in the Gnostic gospel of Philip is extreamly moving!. Your Views?
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: The Jesus Family Tomb

Post by Byblos »

Typhoon wrote:Hello All,

I am very interested in Christianity I have recently watched the documentary and coincidently read the book called the Jesus Family Tomb and found it to be a compelling story. The discovery of a tomb that possibly held the family of Jesus. Was looking for some hardcore Christian views of this. Please could people who have seen the film or more importantly read the book post. Tried posting on there website however not very different views there. Also the compelling evidence for Mary Magdalene or Mara Mariamne as know in the Gnostic gospel of Philip is extreamly moving!. Your Views?
They both have been soundly refuted (see here and here).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Typhoon
Acquainted Member

Post by Typhoon »

Byblos Hello thanks for your reply..

Been reading I second link you posted was a bit poor but the first very interesting, I am going to read that now. Have you read the book its very compelling. Hypertheticly if this was true would it be feasible in your view? And have you read the book?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Typhoon wrote:Byblos Hello thanks for your reply..

Been reading I second link you posted was a bit poor but the first very interesting, I am going to read that now. Have you read the book its very compelling. Hypertheticly if this was true would it be feasible in your view? And have you read the book?
The links I provided are but a few of a ton of material on the internet. The point is both have been proven wrong. And why do you think the second is poor? Which part do you not agree with and why? Please be as detailed as possible so we can discuss.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Typhoon
Acquainted Member

Post by Typhoon »

I would like that... will reply soon as soon as I have read it all (doing work at the moment). Have you read the Jesus Family Tomb book? or seen the doumentry. I baught the book after seeing the doc. because I thought it left alot of unanswered questions!
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Typhoon wrote:I would like that... will reply soon as soon as I have read it all (doing work at the moment). Have you read the Jesus Family Tomb book? or seen the doumentry. I baught the book after seeing the doc. because I thought it left alot of unanswered questions!
I did not read the book but I followed up on the story from the moment it came out.

KrisW
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by KrisW »

Typhoon wrote:Hello All,

I am very interested in Christianity I have recently watched the documentary and coincidently read the book called the Jesus Family Tomb and found it to be a compelling story.
Oh, I watched that when it was on last year.

Just a bunch of clap-trap.
When fascism come to America it will be wearing black robes and carrying the scales of Justice("but don't touch the oil or the wine")