Progressive, Moderate

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Progressive, Moderate

Post by B. W. »

+
Anyone understand what the difference between a Progressive and a Moderate is on the philosophical - political scale?

Answer is that there is really no difference other than how fast one wants to slide down the slope toward state/ corporate collectivism. Moderate slope present a slow — moderate slide on a 10 to 30 percent slope grade and progressive on a progressive 60 to 95 per cent grade. Both have same goals.

I mention this due to a new poll out in America that claims Evangelical voters are now not relevant due to declining Church membership. However the Poll is spurious as its based declining membership from one domination while ignoring others that are growing in the USA.

Get ready for more talk and polls during the upcoming U.S. election that will attempt to paint Christians as irrelevant. News giants will influence people to shake off religion and become a new enlighten Moderate or Progressive. These are buzz words that most likely will be used to shame people to follow the crowd in the upcoming months and you can surly expect more demonizing Christian's in the process.

So what is a Moderate in the philosophical sense? Verses a Progressive?

Does anyone know where these philosophical traditions came from and their history?

Comments??
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
JesusSmiles
Familiar Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Progressive, Moderate

Post by JesusSmiles »

B. W. wrote:+

I mention this due to a new poll out in America that claims Evangelical voters are now not relevant due to declining Church membership. However the Poll is spurious as its based declining membership from one domination while ignoring others that are growing in the USA.

-
It would seem by past experience that the pollsters would realize more people 'vote' evangelical than actually are members of any church. I don't know what the ratio is...but I bet it is quite high. I'm thinking of people who are of retired age....travel in motor homes...have two homes in different part of the country. Many aren't 'church members'....but they do vote very conservative based on their Christian roots.

I'm not sure when 'Progressive Voters' became an election term. I'm thinking it was probably about the time when liberals were scrambling for a new descriptional term for voting for issues all the conservatives and moderates originally called SIN. :D
God is Great, and therefore He will be sought.
Good is Good, and therefore He will be found.
Anonymous
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Progressive, Moderate

Post by B. W. »

JesusSmiles wrote:
B. W. wrote:+

-
It would seem by past experience that the pollsters would realize more people 'vote' evangelical than actually are members of any church. I don't know what the ratio is...but I bet it is quite high. I'm thinking of people who are of retired age....travel in motor homes...have two homes in different part of the country. Many aren't 'church members'....but they do vote very conservative based on their Christian roots.

I'm not sure when 'Progressive Voters' became an election term. I'm thinking it was probably about the time when liberals were scrambling for a new descriptional term for voting for issues all the conservatives and moderates originally called SIN. :D
Yes - I think you have something there!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys