Judgment day

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Lufia
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Judgment day

Post by Lufia »

I would like to know that when i'll be judge by God about what i had been doing good and bad on earth, will it be about my entire life ( when i was a jerk) or since i converted to Christ, when i accepted Jesus has my savior?

I know that i'll still have eternal life but my question is about the judgment day and rewards for good and bad in life.

Thanks
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Judgment day

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

...If you hold to my teaching, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Jesus speaking in John 8:31-32

When you accepted Christ, your sins were forgiven, Past sins and future sins have been forgiven and you will not be judged on any of these. You have been set free from all condemnation because Jesus paid your debt on the cross: He died for your sins, so you won´t have to.
Lufia wrote:I know that i'll still have eternal life but my question is about the judgment day and rewards for good and bad in life.
Someone who is accused of a crime faces judgement. You are free; your sins have been forgiven, so you are not going to face any judgement...relax :sleep:

As for rewards, you will be rewarded for your actions done while a Christian. Good deeds done before this (when you were a jerk) don´t count as they were done through sinful motivation. I suggest you read the second chapter of Ephesians for more information.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Judgment day

Post by B. W. »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:...If you hold to my teaching, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Jesus speaking in John 8:31-32

When you accepted Christ, your sins were forgiven, Past sins and future sins have been forgiven and you will not be judged on any of these. You have been set free from all condemnation because Jesus paid your debt on the cross: He died for your sins, so you won´t have to.
Lufia wrote:I know that i'll still have eternal life but my question is about the judgment day and rewards for good and bad in life.
Someone who is accused of a crime faces judgement. You are free; your sins have been forgiven, so you are not going to face any judgement...relax :sleep:

As for rewards, you will be rewarded for your actions done while a Christian. Good deeds done before this (when you were a jerk) don´t count as they were done through sinful motivation. I suggest you read the second chapter of Ephesians for more information.

FL
:amen: and :amen:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Lufia
Recognized Member