Pregnant "man"

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Joshua
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Pregnant "man"

Post by Joshua »

Thomas Beatie is in the news again for being a pregnant man. For those who don't know who Thomas Beatie is...she is a woman who had her breast removed and takes male hormones... all to give the appearance of being a man. She made the news last year for being "the pregnant man" and gave birth to a daughter.
Last edited by Joshua on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Christian Life is about relationships, not performance.
harth1026
Familiar Member

Re: Pregnant "man"

Post by harth1026 »

Two things...

(1) She is not a real man. From what you said, she had breast reduction surgery and is now taking male hormones. All of her reproductive organs were left alone. Mother nature would say that she's still a woman. Don't let the legal system make this more bizzarre than it really is.

(2) She's pregnant again.. Heard about this morning...
Joshua
Acquainted Member

Post by Joshua »

I find it bizarre in that she is a woman who thinks she's a man...so makes herself look like a man and lives like a man. But she still wants to carry and have children. So much contradiction as to identity I would think her head would hurt trying to sort it out.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Joshua wrote:I find it bizarre in that she is a woman who thinks she's a man...so makes herself look like a man and lives like a man. But she still wants to carry and have children as a man. So much contradiction as to identity I would think her head would hurt trying to sort it out.
I know it is hurting mine. I know a guy who had a sex change because he was a lesbian in a mans body...who then hooked up with another lesbian woman trapped in a man's body.

Somehow I can'y get rid of this feeling that things are cancelling themselves out several times over in these cases.

I don't think this has anything to do with a pregnant man, but there ya go. :wave:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Joshua
Acquainted Member

Post by Joshua »

The thing that bothers me is that all the media say...it's a "pregnant man". This is a blatant lie! She is not a man nor will she ever be a man.
harth1026
Familiar Member

Post by harth1026 »

Joshua wrote:The thing that bothers me is that all the media say...it's a "pregnant man". This is a blatant lie! She is not a man nor will she ever be a man.
Yeah, that's a marketing thing. It gets people to watch the news or buy magazines. If it was just a story about a lesbian couple that's having a baby, no one would care to waste their time reading up on it.... But a PREGNANT MAN!? What's that all about?!

All things considered, I do hope that family gets real help soon. Cause what they're doing is wrong on so many levels.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

Joshua wrote:The thing that bothers me is that all the media say...it's a "pregnant man". This is a blatant lie! She is not a man nor will she ever be a man.
Yes, it's makes you wonder about the media, or wonder again after about the millionth time.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

Joshua wrote:So much contradiction as to identity I would think her head would hurt trying to sort it out.
I'm sure her head had already been hurt.
After reading this thread my head hurts.
I am the wretch the song refers to.