The Creation is in Need of Allaah

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
mosa
Newbie Member

The Creation is in Need of Allaah

Post by mosa »

Man always looks for what benefits him and what protects him from harm. However, to accomplish this, man must be able to realize what is harmful. He must then know whom he should need, trust, and love so that he can attain what is beneficial as well as to feel good about his choice. He also must know the proper and good approach that would make him achieve this goal. This latter condition requires that man:

1.Know about harm
2.What ways can be used to drive harm away

Certainly, man can have no better guidance than that which comes from the One Who had perfected everything, and the One who Has no deficiency in Himself and in His Attributes. The One Who is Ever-Living and Who does not die. There can be no One better than the One Who Has no need for anything; the One Who is rich; the Giver; the One who, after all, controls man's soul. Man is so poor to Him. He is Allaah, the True and only God. Man can bring harm to himself if he seeks other than Allaah for help. Allaah is the One Who can help man drive away any harm for it cannot occur without His Will and His Power.

Allaah (SW) sent down His Books and chose His Messengers to guide man to:

1.Know His Lord as He (SW) had explained about Himself, and
2.Seek Him Alone while living in accordance with His plan

Knowing Allaah's Names and Attributes liberates man from worshiping any form of creation because creation is weak and is in need of The Creator, Allaah. The knowledge about Allaah leads man to know that he is created to live according to Allaah's way as revealed to the last Messenger Muhammad . This Revelation contains a complete code of life. Everything that is beneficial or harmful is established so that man can center his life around this Revelation. If man commits wrong and knows that Allaah is Oft-Forgiving he would turn to Him and to Him alone seeking His forgiveness:

"Know, therefore, that there is no God Who deserves to be worshiped except Allaah; and ask forgiveness for your sins." (Qur'an, 47:19)
It is wrong to think or believe that Allaah created other 'gods' besides Him so that man turns to them for help; loves them or fear them, etc. He is the same God of all nations. He does not order that people should make of stars, sun, fire, Jesus, Moses, etc. gods besides Him. He (Most Exalted) cannot be 'contradictory'. He has one way (religion) that calls man to surrender his will only to Him. He warned that if man (even Muhammad would take partners with Him, then his work will fail and will be among losers:
"And verily, it had been revealed to you (O Muhammad ) as has been revealed to those before you. If you join others in worship with Allaah (then) surely (all) your deeds will be in vain and you will certainly be among the losers. Nay! But worship Allaah and be among grateful." (Qur'an, 39:65-66)
Let us know what Muhammad , the man-Prophet, who knew Allaah best, used to say:
"O Allaah, I seek refuge in You for Your Pleasure and against Your Wrath,and in Your Forgiveness and against Your Punishment and in You from You, I cannot Praise You as You can Praise Yourself." (Muslim, Abu Dawoud, at-Tirmidhi, ibn Majah)
"I have surrendered myself to You, I have directed my face to You, I have entrusted my affairs to You, I have compelled my back to refuge in You, in want and in fright of You, there is no resort nor survival from You except (in turning) to You. I have faith in Your book (i.e. the Qur'an) which You brought down and in the Prophet (Muhammad ) you have sent." (Al-Bukhari, Muslim)

When we read in the Qur'an that:
"Whatever of Mercy (i.e. of good), Allaah may grant to mankind, none can withhold it, and whatever He may withhold, none can grant it thereafter. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." (Qur'an, 35:2)
And when we read that:
"If Allaah touches you with hurt, there is none can remove it but He; and if He intends any good for you, there is none who can repel His favor which He causes it to reach homsoever of His slaves He will, and He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'an, 10:117)
We should be motivated to return to Him Alone at times of ease and at times of hardship.
And when we read that:

"If Allaah helps you none can overcome you, and if He forsakes you, who is there, after Him, that can help you. And in Allaah (alone) let believers put their trust." (Qur'an, 3:160)
The Qur'an, therefore, leads man to a true liberation from any false attachment. It brings peace to the heart. It helps the believer against hypocrisy and all forms of dishonesty. Imagine, for example, a believer facing a problem at work. He sees wrong and faces unlawful practices. He does not fear rejecting what is wrong. He knows that the job is only a means to gain his sustenance. While he may be unable to correct what is wrong, he knows well that Allaah is the One Who provides. If he leaves his job for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will give him a better one. Allaah (SW) said:
"And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him. He will make a way for him to get out (from) every (difficulty), and He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine." (Qur'an, 65:2-3)
The above texts, necessitates that man must depend upon Allaah (SW) asking Him Alone for assistance. It also requires that man must love Allaah and worship Him Alone to gain His pleasure and His help. Is it not true that the people who consider this life as the "Final Goal" end up worshiping many things in it? You see them so careful about "having it all". They torture themselves: pain, difficulty, constant worry, keeping their hands in the banks for loan after loan to keep up with the "demands of development". They are under the constant threat of fore-closure. They constantly see poverty in front of their eyes. The Prophet said:
"Allaah says: 'Son of Adam: Fill your time with My worship and I will fill your heart with richness, and end off your poverty. But if you donot, I would make your hands fully busy (i.e. in worldly affairs) and I would not end off your poverty.'" (At-Tirmidhi said that it is a good hadeeth)
Our purpose of existence on earth is more meaningful than being slaves to worldly gains. There can be no meaningful life better than that prescribed by our Creator Allaah. Every act done according to Allaah's way is an act of worship. Man is the beneficiary and Allaah is in no need:
"O mankind! It is you who stand in need of Allaah, but Allaah is Rich (Free of all wants and needs), Worthy of All Praise." (Qur'an, 35:15)
good sport
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I don't understand something about muslims. Why can't God come to earth incarnate? He is both omnipotent and omnipresent. Why is it impossible for Jesus to be God? By saying it is so, you are limiting God's power.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

It has been said that christians, Jews and Muslims worship the same God.
Yet the jews and Muslims limit his power. That contradicts Almighty does it not ? All three religions are so simalar yet different.

Muhammad founded Islam in 622CE
Muhammad died in AD 632, but his biography (Qur'an?) was not written until AD 767.
Who wrote it? you state that Muhammad knew god best, then why did he not write it himself? he was an eye witness to God, yet the writer is not a witness or at least not as good as a witness as Mahummad. Why would God want to make do with an author who did not know him as well as Mahummad?

The old testiment is full of Prophecies, some on Jesus. they include
his place of birth micah 5:2 And you, Bethlehem Ephratah, you being least among the thousands of Judah, out of you He shall come forth to Me, to become Ruler in Israel, He whose goings forth have been from of old, from the days of eternity.

His lineage Jeremiah 23:5 Behold, the days come, says Jehovah, that I will raise to David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and act wisely, and shall do judgment and justice in the earth.

Virgin Birth Isaiah 7:14 So, the Lord Himself shall give you a sign. Behold, the virgin will conceive and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Immanuel.

prophet, priest king Deu 18:17 And Jehovah said to me, They have spoken well what they have spoken.
Deu 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brothers, one like you, and will put My words in His mouth. And He shall speak to them all that I shall command Him.
Deu 18:19 And it shall happen, whatever man will not listen to My Words which He shall speak in My name, I will require it of him.

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. Jehovah said to my Lord, Sit at My right hand until I place Your enemies as Your footstool.
Psa 110:2 Jehovah shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion; rule in the midst of Your enemies.
Psa 110:3 Your people shall be willing in the day of Your power, in holy adornment from the womb of the morning: You have the dew of Your youth.
Psa 110:4 Jehovah has sworn, and will not repent, You are a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

someone will be sent first (John the Baptist)
Isa 40:3 The voice of him who cries in the wilderness, Prepare the way of Jehovah, make straight a highway in the desert for our God.
Isa 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low; and the crooked places shall be made level, and the rough places smooth;

also that he would die by Crucifixion Psalm 22:16-18, 34:20
Died for others guilt Isaiah 53:4-12
resurrection Psalm 16:10

all these came true.
The Bible is full of testomondy and Jesus himself said he was son of god and our saviour. He also said Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. this tells us that he was indeed God.

The bible is not the only evidence we have, there are 36 other sources 17 of which were worldly.
they can be found @ http://www.wfcoc.org/WasJesus.htm
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

oooo...color! ... sorry, I'm easily amused. Hope its readable...<shrug>

Is it just me or is this like Muslim propaganda in a Christian forum. Not that I have a problem with it, I just didn't think that was the point of this thing. Just wondering if I'm interpreting correctly.

I would be quite interested in more detail on the beliefs of the Muslims, but I fail to see how it is better than Christianity. From what I understand, both attempt to explain more or less our existence. From a more objective standpoint I suppose I could ask: What makes either one better than the other. I mean they tend to be in conflict like, always, but why?
Last edited by hermitville101 on Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

hermitville101 wrote:oooo...color! ... sorry, I'm easily amused. Hope its readable...<shrug>

Is it just me or is this like Muslim propaganda in a Christian forum. Not that I have a problem with it, I just didn't think that was the point of this thing. Just wondering if I'm interpreting correctly.

I would be quite interested in more detail on the beliefs of the Muslims, but I fail to see how it is better than Christianity. From what I understand, both attempt to explain more or less our existence. From a more objective standpoint I suppose I could ask: What makes either one better than the other. I mean they tend to be in conflict like, always, but why?
NOW that was hard on the Eyes!
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

Sorry, try highlighting it...though I think I can change it...
I was just guessing at colors...I couldn't really find the one I wanted.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Islam, isn't it a perversion of Christianity and Judaism (one God) dressed up to look good? The easiest seen problem is, if Islam was alwasy the only right religion...then why did it start only in the 8th century? Everyone else went to hell before that I'm guessing, instead of going to heaven and having sex with beautiful women? (someone brought the heaven verses of the Koran to school-it's pretty much a holy Playboy mansion, no wonder so many guys want to die quickly). You women out there get to watch your husbands doing it, have fun!

Allah=God in Arabic (or some close language), so, in a sense, I do worship Allah....just not the one that comes to mind :D
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Islam, isn't it a perversion of Christianity and Judaism (one God) dressed up to look good? The easiest seen problem is, if Islam was alwasy the only right religion...then why did it start only in the 8th century? Everyone else went to hell before that I'm guessing, instead of going to heaven and having sex with beautiful women? (someone brought the heaven verses of the Koran to school-it's pretty much a holy Playboy mansion, no wonder so many guys want to die quickly). You women out there get to watch your husbands doing it, have fun!

One could argue that Christianity started in the first century: same problem. Before that was Judaism, but that started with Abraham, 2000BC I think. Before that...??? Point is I don't think you have a valid point.

If someone wants to define their heaven to be a place where they have sex all the time in their religion then so what? It doesn't prove that their religion is wrong.

I'm not advocating Islam, but I don't think you have done much to discredit it.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

hermitville101 wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Islam, isn't it a perversion of Christianity and Judaism (one God) dressed up to look good? The easiest seen problem is, if Islam was alwasy the only right religion...then why did it start only in the 8th century? Everyone else went to hell before that I'm guessing, instead of going to heaven and having sex with beautiful women? (someone brought the heaven verses of the Koran to school-it's pretty much a holy Playboy mansion, no wonder so many guys want to die quickly). You women out there get to watch your husbands doing it, have fun!

One could argue that Christianity started in the first century: same problem. Before that was Judaism, but that started with Abraham, 2000BC I think. Before that...??? Point is I don't think you have a valid point.

If someone wants to define their heaven to be a place where they have sex all the time in their religion then so what? It doesn't prove that their religion is wrong.

I'm not advocating Islam, but I don't think you have done much to discredit it.
I thought it was Moses, he is the one god gave the Commandments too right?
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Deborah wrote:
I thought it was Moses, he is the one god gave the Commandments too right?
Hello Deborah

Actually I believe it was before Moses. Was it not Jacob who was considered as Israel and then the twelve Tribes were born to Jacob?
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

Abraham was the father of the Jewish nation. It was he that God told "I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore." (Gen. 22:17)

God gave the Ten Commandments to Moses, but that was after the nation of Israel had been established. He had to have people to give the laws to. :) I suppose that might be more of the beginning of the formal existence of the Jewish religion but the people existed and worship God long before that.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

hermitville101 wrote:Abraham was the father of the Jewish nation. It was he that God told "I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore." (Gen. 22:17)

God gave the Ten Commandments to Moses, but that was after the nation of Israel had been established. He had to have people to give the laws to. :) I suppose that might be more of the beginning of the formal existence of the Jewish religion but the people existed and worship God long before that.
Genesis 32:28 tells us that Israel was born with Jacob. God was worshipped before that but the actual Religion was born after Jacob.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I wasn't discrediting Islam by describing their heaven....that was an example of quickly going off topic.

If you think about it, the first "religion" was Christianity (it wasn't called Christianity until after Jesus died). Who do Christians worship? The God of the Bible, the God of Abraham, the God of Israel....and who did they worship? *rhetorical last question*
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

bizzt wrote:Genesis 32:28 tells us that Israel was born with Jacob. God was worshipped before that but the actual Religion was born after Jacob.
Genesis 32:28 tells us, "Then he said, "Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel, for you have striven with God and with men, and have prevailed." " which is saying that Jacob was renamed Israel, which means "who prevails with God." Abraham was the father of Isaac, father of Jacob, if I recall me geneology correctly which makes Abraham the father of the nation. Jacob was renamed Israel which is where the name comes from. Abraham's offspring became Israel, or if you want to say: became Jacob, became Israel.

I don't think it matters too much though who you consider the beginning the point remains the same.
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:I wasn't discrediting Islam by describing their heaven....that was an example of quickly going off topic.

ok
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote: If you think about it, the first "religion" was Christianity (it wasn't called Christianity until after Jesus died). Who do Christians worship? The God of the Bible, the God of Abraham, the God of Israel....and who did they worship? *rhetorical last question*

I don't think the first religion was Christianity. I think the beginnings of religion extend to before the flood. We, as is obvious, have very little record of anything from that time. Also, Judaism existed long before Christianity and that certainly is/was religion.