Preterism

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Paul1954
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Framework

Preterism

Post by Paul1954 »

The value of the discussion preterism (when it is actual discussion of the relevant Bible passages) among folks who love the Lord, and have a mature mindframe, is much more significant than I once recognized. This is true, even though large numbers of people cannot tolerate an honest discussion of the subject.
So many question marks were cleared for me about a wide host of issues when I studied both preterism and its implications. If it were not politically incorrect, I think most evangelicals would be preterists.

God bless,

Paul Richard Strange, Sr.
Waxahachie Texas dadprs@hotmail.com
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Preterism

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Paul1954 wrote:The value of the discussion preterism (when it is actual discussion of the relevant Bible passages) among folks who love the Lord, and have a mature mindframe, is much more significant than I once recognized.
Why does Preterism attract you?
Paul1954 wrote:This is true, even though large numbers of people cannot tolerate an honest discussion of the subject.
I would add that our fleshly nature cannot tolerate honesty, period. Only the spirit can.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +