Beauty of science

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Beauty of science

Post by Gman »

What is the beauty of science? The beauty of science is no matter how hard you try, no matter how hard you indulge yourself in complicated scientific theories, you will never be able to divorce God out of the equation!!

It's not possible!!! :lol:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
youngmatt
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Beauty of science

Post by youngmatt »

True, but science does explain alot of things but you can't ever put God out of the equation because it doesn't make sense
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

youngmatt wrote:True, but science does explain alot of things but you can't ever put God out of the equation because it doesn't make sense
True, but there is a point where philosophy and religion will eventually collide, especially around the topic of origins, plus "unnatural facts."

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gman wrote:
youngmatt wrote:True, but science does explain alot of things but you can't ever put God out of the equation because it doesn't make sense
True, but there is a point where philosophy and religion will eventually collide, especially around the topic of origins, plus "unnatural facts."
Very true Gman, but when do you think one's philosophy BECOMES one's religion? Or is this the precise point you are making when talking of this "collision"?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

DannyM wrote:
Gman wrote:
Very true Gman, but when do you think one's philosophy BECOMES one's religion? Or is this the precise point you are making when talking of this "collision"?
I believe it's when you try to base your philosophy on your own facts. That's why I broke it up to natural and unnatural facts..

Rigger
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Rigger »

Gman wrote:What is the beauty of science? The beauty of science is no matter how hard you try, no matter how hard you indulge yourself in complicated scientific theories, you will never be able to divorce God out of the equation!!
Possibly the most ridiculous quote of all time. Give me one scientific equation (or "equation") that requires God!
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Rigger,

Have you read through our Board purpose and Guidelines? Please do so so that you can see whether this Board is for you.

and out of curiosity, how can one be young earth creationist an not be a Christian?
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Rigger wrote:
Gman wrote:What is the beauty of science? The beauty of science is no matter how hard you try, no matter how hard you indulge yourself in complicated scientific theories, you will never be able to divorce God out of the equation!!
Possibly the most ridiculous quote of all time. Give me one scientific equation (or "equation") that requires God!
Science is just science, but ultimately man put's his philosophical beliefs behind it specially around the topic of origins. But I like Rolling Stones reply.. "It's about truth. Belief in God isn't something you choose; it's simply the logical conclusion drawn after studying the (lack of) evidence."

Imperial
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Imperial »

zoegirl wrote:Rigger,

Have you read through our Board purpose and Guidelines? Please do so so that you can see whether this Board is for you.

and out of curiosity, how can one be young earth creationist an not be a Christian?
He's just saying that there are a lot of things science explains, but God wouldn't be apart of. God is a theory on how everything got started. I guess you could say God is apart of them because he made them. Besides on the theories of origin, science doesn't try to disprove god but rather understands what god has created.

Ya know when you think about it, science is REALLY important in understanding things when you realize the fact that it is our ONLY WAY to understand what god has made. It's not like God comes down every weekend to teach us about things we don't yet understand, that's what science is for.

So =/ basically a lot of people on the forum are making fun of our only connection to learn how god made everything to work (without dieing yet of course). Irony...

Well this post went farther than i thought it would... Enjoy :D
Enginseer
Recognized Member

Post by Enginseer »

Is anyone starting to notice that the Board Admin is a troll?

I know I'm only new but from what I've seen it's like you're trying to get people to hate us.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Enginseer wrote:Is anyone starting to notice that the Board Admin is a troll?

I know I'm only new but from what I've seen it's like you're trying to get people to hate us.
Are you by any chance referring to Gman? If yes, then you couldn't be more wrong. I would suggest that you go back and read some of his posts more closely. Another suggestion is to be a little more careful with your own posts, particularly when referring to moderators.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Enginseer
Recognized Member

Post by Enginseer »

Byblos wrote:

Are you by any chance referring to Gman? If yes, then you couldn't be more wrong. I would suggest that you go back and read some of his posts more closely. Another suggestion is to be a little more careful with your own posts, particularly when referring to moderators.
I guess I only saw a few. It just seemed like he was trying to pick a fight.
Am I an Atheist? Not really.

Am I a Christian? I'd be lying if I said I were.

The truth is I don't consider myself to belong to any isms, ists or anities. Questions to the mysteries of life I can only say I do not know. Yet through insight I set out to cure my ignorance.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Enginseer wrote:
Byblos wrote:

I guess I only saw a few. It just seemed like he was trying to pick a fight.
Asking questions are fights?

Enginseer
Recognized Member

Post by Enginseer »

Never mind, I only just realised this board was for people with respect for Christianity.

It seems a harmful Atheist would jump to the opportunity to argue, wrong context so never mind =)
Am I an Atheist? Not really.

Am I a Christian? I'd be lying if I said I were.

The truth is I don't consider myself to belong to any isms, ists or anities. Questions to the mysteries of life I can only say I do not know. Yet through insight I set out to cure my ignorance.