Honeycombs

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Honeycombs

Post by Gman »

Interesting to see the shapes in which bees create their honeycombs. Almost mathematically precise... Hexagons are one of the most efficient shapes strength wise.

But this isn't any evidence for a creator... :roll:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Re: Honeycombs

Post by zoegirl »

Straws collapse into hexagons if compressed inot each other...if fact bees makes them circular and the weight compresses them...
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:Straws collapse into hexagons if compressed inot each other...if fact bees makes them circular and the weight compresses them...
The design of divine intelligence is profound...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
robyn hill
Established Member

Post by robyn hill »

I am always amazed as I look at them when I pour them in my bowl for breakfast in the morning. :pound: :shakehead:
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Maybe it's on their eyes as well.. A hexagon world..

No gravity to play God here... ;)

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

But your original post was on honeycombs, was it not?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

If you are saying it's an accident that they turn into hexagon's then be my guest.. It still doesn't deny a creator.

BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

No
:)
I am saying that you changed the topic.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:No
:)
I am saying that you changed the topic.
I see God's design.... In everything. I'm not changing my topic.

Rigger
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Rigger »

Gman wrote:But this isn't any evidence for a creator... :roll:
My wife has a beautiful ass. She must have been created! :lol:

Seriously,this is not evidence; to claim it as such is just short-sighted. Could you explain to me in what way this points to a creator?
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Rigger wrote:Seriously,this is not evidence; to claim it as such is just short-sighted. Could you explain to me in what way this points to a creator?
Do honeycombs create themselves out of luck or does a bee create it?

RollingStone
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by RollingStone »

Why are you looking for evidence? Isn't the point of faith that you don't have any evidence? If you had evidence of proof of God's existence, you could no longer have faith! And then, ironically, religion would be in a whole heap of doo-doo.
August
Old School

Post by August »

RollingStone wrote:Why are you looking for evidence? Isn't the point of faith that you don't have any evidence? If you had evidence of proof of God's existence, you could no longer have faith! And then, ironically, religion would be in a whole heap of doo-doo.
That is a common misconception about what faith in the Christian context is. Faith does not mean to have blind faith in the existence of God, but that one trusts the atonement and justification of the cross.

Showing evidence, like GMan is here, is confirmation of the created order, and not meant to be some method of convincing non-believers that God exists.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RollingStone wrote:Why are you looking for evidence? Isn't the point of faith that you don't have any evidence? If you had evidence of proof of God's existence, you could no longer have faith! And then, ironically, religion would be in a whole heap of doo-doo.
God expects us to use our minds - Mt 22:36-38, Romans 12:2... But in terms of scientific evidence, nothing is said to have 100% proof. Nothing.. Therefore whatever your belief or religion is, if you believe in God or if you believe that nature is the supreme creator...

Your are always going to have a certain amount of....
Well... Faith... ;)

dayage
Valued Member

Post by dayage »

I saw a program about these honeybees a few years ago. Their defense speaks design to me. They know just what temperature will work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apis_cerana_japonica