Awesome women ministers

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Awesome women ministers

Post by Gman »

Let's give a hand for these great women teachers of the word... :clap: :giverose: Please add more if you like...

Joyce Meyer
http://www.joycemeyer.org/

Kay Arthur
http://www.precept.org/site/PageServer? ... _kayarthur

Christine Caine
http://www.equipandempower.org/index.ph ... 04&lang=en

Paula White
http://www.paulawhite.org/

Patricia King
http://www.extremeprophetic.com/
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Awesome women ministers

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Beth Moore
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Not as familliar with King and Caine, but I definately wouldn't lump the wonderful teacher kay Arthur in with the likes of Joyce Meyer and Paula White. They are as different as night and day.

Are you aware of the positions of White and Meyer, and the company they keep?
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

If any of you know the "prosperity gospel", Joyce Meyer is known to preach a "prosperity lite gospel".
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Joyce is early years was really powerful, but it has seemed like she has succumbed to materialism. If you can get past that, she has had some very good things to say.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

zoegirl wrote:Joyce is early years was really powerful, but it has seemed like she has succumbed to materialism. If you can get past that, she has had some very good things to say.
I guess I don't see the materialism in her... I think she is a great speaker for God.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Lord, help us.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

jlay wrote:Lord, help us.
:?: What's your problem with her...

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
zoegirl wrote:Joyce is early years was really powerful, but it has seemed like she has succumbed to materialism. If you can get past that, she has had some very good things to say.
I guess I don't see the materialism in her... I think she is a great speaker for God.
y#-o :roll: She preaches a prosperity gospel. "Name it and Claim it". She's just not as blatant about it as some others.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
jlay wrote:Lord, help us.
:?: What's your problem with her...
Gman, If you truly want to know, just start by googling prosperity gospel teachers. Meyer's name is on a long list of famous prosperity gospel teachers.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote: Gman, If you truly want to know, just start by googling prosperity gospel teachers. Meyer's name is on a long list of famous prosperity gospel teachers.
So? Do you think that God doesn't want us to prosper?

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
RickD wrote: Gman, If you truly want to know, just start by googling prosperity gospel teachers. Meyer's name is on a long list of famous prosperity gospel teachers.
So? Do you think that God doesn't want us to prosper?
I think God wants His will to be done. He uses both rich(financially) and poor. The prosperity gospel that Meyers and others teach is not biblical. Please search, study, and pray about this.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote: I think God wants His will to be done. He uses both rich(financially) and poor. The prosperity gospel that Meyers and others teach is not biblical. Please search, study, and pray about this.
Of course he does. Anyone can dig up dirt on anyone if they want... No surprises there..

cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

I don't listen to Christian talk anymore, so I don't know (and I'm not into women preachers myself - I think, being female, I look for Godly examples in males). But I do know that God wants us to be spiritually prosperous and to not seek worldly riches. If He blesses us with wealth, then we should be giving back to Him by using it wisely and helping others (to me, this would be the only reason for this blessing). If anyone preached otherwise, I would turn elsewhere for the Lord's word and will.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Store your treasure in heaven not earth. How is it that the people who preach prosperity always what you to give what you have to them. I think they mean for their prosperity. They always seem to say "GOD wants you to be rich".
Money causes problems, trust me. You tend to do whatever you can to keep it.

Luke 6:24

Luke 18: 18-25