what do you think of gays? [poll]

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.

Are gayness and lesbianity sins?

Yes, gayness and lesbianity are sins.
78%
Lesbianity is not a sin, but gayness is.
No votes
Gayness is not a sin, but lesbianity is.
11%
No, gayness and lesbianity are not sins, Jesus(God) loves everyone.:)
No votes
No, gayness and lesbianity are not sins, but Jesus(God) does not love everyone.
11%

Total votes: 9

Jumalaton
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

what do you think of gays? [poll]

Post by Jumalaton »

[do not find this thread as an insult]

even though in the third book of moses god gives a law that gayness is a sin of death(yes, i have read the three first books of moses[im reading the whole bible as a ''bed-time book'' :) ]), most of the christians i know, mostly family members, dont have anything against sexual minorities. im interested in your views.
but if someone here thinks gayness is a death sin because god says so(chapter 20:13), do you consider mocking your mother or father as a death sin too(chapter 20:9)? and was it really a just thing for god to give a law that people doing blasphemy should be stoned to death...and condemn a blasphemer to be stoned to death, even though the crime was done before the law was given?
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: what do you think of gays? [poll]

Post by BavarianWheels »

Being gay is not a sin anymore than being human is a sin. The Bible says we are all sinners from conception and ALL are in need of grace.

The sexual acts a gay person takes part in is the "sin" and is what is detestable. However, we all sin constantly and their "sin" isn't any less than the "normal" sins of a hetero. The point that being gay becomes an issue is when a homosexual denies homosexual sex is wrong and wilfully does it in the sense of thumbing their nose at God. (likewise any sin ANYONE does is the same.)

Can a homosexual be a Christian? I say, definitely YES. He or she may struggle and slip and fall, but they cannot help what sin has made them. While I believe there is a small percentage of choice-homosexuals, I believe the vast majority truely have a genetic disposition of homosexuality. Who's to say sin cannot corrupt the body to that degree?

Homosexuals are no worse sinners than heterosexuals...just a different set of sexual problems to deal with.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

BavarianWheels wrote:.
Being gay is not a sin anymore than being human is a sin. The Bible says we are all sinners from conception and ALL are in need of grace.

The sexual acts a gay person takes part in is the "sin" and is what is detestable. However, we all sin constantly and their "sin" isn't any less than the "normal" sins of a hetero. The point that being gay becomes an issue is when a homosexual denies homosexual sex is wrong and wilfully does it in the sense of thumbing their nose at God. (likewise any sin ANYONE does is the same.)

Can a homosexual be a Christian? I say, definitely YES. He or she may struggle and slip and fall, but they cannot help what sin has made them. While I believe there is a small percentage of choice-homosexuals, I believe the vast majority truely have a genetic disposition of homosexuality. Who's to say sin cannot corrupt the body to that degree?

Homosexuals are no worse sinners than heterosexuals...just a different set of sexual problems to deal with.
Amen.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Gay sex is a sin just like any other sin, although different sins have different consequences for us (murder obviously has big consequences for the person and others involved). The laws showed us what sins are, and Israel was a theocracy under God, to exhibit God's laws and be an example of holiness. We are not under the law nor are we a nation, but Jesus said that if we love Him we'll obey His commands. We can't force unbelievers, or believers either, to obey Jesus. God's love for us draws us to Him, and His Holy Spirit helps us to lead holy lives if we submit to Him. Most of us are weak in some areas, and it just shows us how much we need God and His help.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Kristoffer »

i voted #3 because it means more women for me. :ebiggrin:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

You seem to equate "sin" to whether God loves us or not which shows a misunderstanding of Christianity.

I believe you need to add another option: "Yes, gayness and lesbianity (sic.) are sins , but God loves us all anyway."
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Being gay is a sin.. No doubt about it.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
smiley
Established Member

Post by smiley »

Gman wrote:Being gay is a sin.. No doubt about it.
I don't think the Bible says anything of that sort. It says that engaging in homosexual activites is a sin.
"Imagine if we picked the wrong god. Every time we go to church, we're just make him madder and madder." - Homer Simpson
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

When is someone considered gay? Before or after engaging in a homosexual act.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

Gman wrote:Being gay is a sin.. No doubt about it.
Having been conceived is sin.
Judoka
Newbie Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judoka »

When is someone considered gay? Before or after engaging in a homosexual act.
Before, you don't need to have engaged in sexual intercourse to know who you are sexually attracted to.
Kurieuo wrote: "Yes, gayness and lesbianity (sic.) are sins , but God loves us all anyway."
I vote for this option.
truthman
Established Member

Post by truthman »

This subject hits close to home. I have a brother and a son who are homosexual.
God's word clearly says that it is a sin to have sexual relations with someone of the same sex.
God's word makes it clear that sex is meant for a married man and woman as they are "one flesh" for life.
God's word also clearly says that it is a sin to have sexual intercourse outside of marriage between a man and woman.
Jesus even went so far as to say that it is a sin to lust after someone you are not married to.
We are ALL equally guilty of some form of sexual sin. I am no better than anyone else.
God's love was extended to all sinners, in that Christ died for all sin.

A homosexual could be defined as someone who has homosexual lust, even though they have not engaged in it physically. However, the fact that a person has lust is not justification to go ahead and engage in the actual activity.

The argument I hear to try and justify their homosexuality is "God made me this way, so there must be nothing wrong with it".
This is a false argument. We were all born with a sin nature and have sinful lusts, whether heterosexual or homosexual, but that does not mean that God made us that way, nor justify those lusts as righteous. Jesus died to pay for our sins and rose again that we might be made new and be freed from those lusts and sins.
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. " 1 Corinthians 13:1-2
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Kristoffer »

We were all born with a sin nature
babies are innocent.
truthman
Established Member

Post by truthman »

Kristoffer wrote:
babies are innocent.
True, but when they get old enough to choose right and wrong, they ALL become sinners. Now why is that? Because it is their nature.
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. " 1 Corinthians 13:1-2
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

truthman wrote:
Kristoffer wrote:
babies are innocent.
True, but when they get old enough to choose right and wrong, they ALL become sinners. Now why is that? Because it is their nature.
So truthman, are you saying I'm not a sinnerbybirth?
Boy did I pick a wrong user name or what.