Interesting article from Probe apologetics...

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
derrick09
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Interesting article from Probe apologetics...

Post by derrick09 »

http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG ... itable.htm

It has to do not only with Craig Venter's work but what work like his could lead to. I personally hope it doesn't lead to support physicalism, but hopefully when scientists try to attempt alot of this stuff, God may put up some roadblocks that scientists will not be able to get around. Let me know what you all think. Thanks and God bless. :wave:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
truthman
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Interesting article from Probe apologetics...

Post by truthman »

You might edit the topic to reflect that this has to do with genetic engineering of humans.
It is a very difficult subject to grapple with since we don't have a bible verse that says, "thou shalt mess with chromosomes" etc. ;)
Rather than God intervening with another tower of Babel event, I believe God may well intervene with the 2nd coming of Christ.
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. " 1 Corinthians 13:1-2
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Interesting article from Probe apologetics...

Post by narnia4 »

This will certainly become a bigger issue as time goes by and more technology is developed.

I do try to stay in perspective about some of these things though. I've read different works, blogs, and articles by the "transhumanists" and a huge number of them are pretty... wacky, for the lack of a better word. There's some that think that what happened in the Terminator movies (man vs. machine) is imminent, there's others who think that humans will BE machines by 2020-2030. With a balanced perspective, it's not hard to see that these are huge leaps that aren't likely to happen.

Genetic engineering is still a real, immediate concern for Christians, of course.
Young, Restless, Reformed