William Lane Craig to have dialogue with Richard Dawkins!

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
derrick09
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

William Lane Craig to have dialogue with Richard Dawkins!

Post by derrick09 »

Hello everyone, I found out earlier today that William Lane Craig is at a conference in Mexico called the Ciudad de las Ideas, and part of the conference features a group debate with three members on each side and the main topic they are going to be discussing and debating is "Does the universe have purpose?". Craig of course is one of the individuals on the theist side and low and behold Richard Dawkins is on the atheist side. The two apparently had a brief conversation recently in which Craig was very delighted and surprised to see him but according to Craig, Dawkins wasn't as warm and friendly. But needless to say this is something I and many people in the Christian apologetics community have wanted to see,it will be very interesting to see what happens during that group debate tomorrow. Anyone have any thoughts or comments? :wave:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
derrick09
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: William Lane Craig to have dialogue with Richard Dawkins

Post by derrick09 »

For those of you who are on Facebook here is the link to the article in Craig gives the details about tomorrow's dialogue and about his first encounter with Dawkins.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/not ... 1555970603
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

Hopefully some one will post the video recording ( if theres is going to be one) up on youtube, that would be awesome :D
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

CeT-To wrote:Hopefully some one will post the video recording ( if theres is going to be one) up on youtube, that would be awesome :D
Omg. Dawkin's is not much of a philosopher. It is going to be very one-sided. I hope Craig doesn't gloat too much, not that I've seen him gloat before.
narnia4

Post by narnia4 »

Kurieuo wrote:
CeT-To wrote:Hopefully some one will post the video recording ( if theres is going to be one) up on youtube, that would be awesome :D
Omg. Dawkin's is not much of a philosopher. It is going to be very one-sided. I hope Craig doesn't gloat too much, not that I've seen him gloat before.
Yeah, I'd say there's definitely a good reason why Dawkins has avoided Craig at all costs. He's also come up with some very "convenient" excuses to explain away why Craig wins debates. Of course, Craig dismantling atheists is nothing new, but seeing Dawkins exposed would be extra fun. With it being a group debate, Dawkins will probable be able to hide a bit better than he normally would be able to.

Even though any atheists watching this will ignore any points the theists make and believe that their side is "winning", nothing but good can come from this imo. As Craig has said in the past, he does this for those in the audience who may be questioning their faith or the honest seekers. I wonder how any honest seeker could find Dawkins' argument better than Craig's argument.
Young, Restless, Reformed
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Video is here: http://www.apologeticsguy.com/2010/11/w ... el-debate/

I was little surprised when Dawkins in such debate said to Craig and his colleagues that not apparently everybody has grown up from purposive way of looking at the world, thus calling them not-grown-up people. That's not how an intellectual debate should look like.

I'd like to ask you guys who you consider to be the best living atheist philosopher(s)?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart