Decorations

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Decorations

Post by zoegirl »

Hey all,

This isn't necessarily meant ot be a discussion on the merits of Christmas decorations. Obviously, we must not distract focus from the real focus on the season. Nor should we go overboard with the consumerism.

All that being said, I am just starting a friendly discussion on the favorite holiday traditions, decorations, music, etc. that we all start probably now (at least in the States!!).

I usually start thinking about putting up the lights (not too many, just several strings of colored lights around the front bushes) outside and the tree inside. I don't generally like too much of the pop CHristmas music but I do love the traditional stuff (Kings CHoir etc) (although some of the newer stuff is fun, Rockin around the Christmas tree).

Love the egg nog (it doesn't love me), and I love thinking about small things to get people for Christmas. In true Mr. Bean fashion, I found great fuzzy socks for all of the neices and nephews. Weirdly enough, they loved them!! (I thought I was going to be the nerdy Aunt who gave socks, but the fuzzy warm ones were great hits....at least that's what they tell me).

I do love breaking out the advent stuff....devotions for the seasons....Handel's Messiah and the like.

Any thoughts?
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Mary
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Decorations

Post by Mary »

Well we already put out our Christmas Tree, but we haven't gotten around to decorating it yet. Every year at church we make ornaments, and this year we also made some for shut-ins. I usually also go Christmas caroling with the youth group(and parents) from church, and participate in the Christmas play. I am like you and generally enjoy the classical Christmas music, though like a few more modern songs. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen has always been a favorite of mine, as well as O Little Town of Bethlehem.

I love eggnog, and baking Christmas cookies, even if I don't generally even like cookies. Of course I also love drinking hot cocoa. I also had a fun time this year picking out Christmas cards for everyone. I usually go over to my grandparents house and My grandparents, my brother, my mom, and I talk,have fun and eat lunch, and then have a Christmas dinner with my mom and a family friend. :)
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; of whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1