"Historical" Jesus shows on National Geographic ch.

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
derrick09
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

"Historical" Jesus shows on National Geographic ch.

Post by derrick09 »

Hey guys, on my local cable, I get the well known National Geographic channel and all through this month, they are showing all kinds of historical and educational shows related to the life of Christ. The bad thing is (as most of you all here know) Nat'l Geographic likes to push any liberal, "Jesus Seminar", and atheist "scholars" they can find plus give equal and above equal credence to things like the gnostic gospels and any other thing that goes against the New Testament accounts. Now up until this point of my life, I've been rather afraid to sit and watch these shows because of the concerns I had about it destroying my faith. But since I've seen all kinds of objections from skeptics fall by the wayside over these past few years of studying apologetics, should I man up and view these shows? Have any of you all seen any of these shows and if so, from what you gather, do the "scholars" on there present any major challenges other than the same old "gnostic promotion" and "Christ is a myth" kind of stuff? But anyway, I'm off to bed. :sleep:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: "Historical" Jesus shows on National Geographic ch.

Post by Silvertusk »

If you are going to watch it = make sure you also read "The Case of the Real Jesus" by Lee Strobel as well as a better indication of the truth.

God Bless

Silvertusk.