On dreaming

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
ocarina_boy
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

On dreaming

Post by ocarina_boy »

I would like to know what you all think about dreaming. Is there any special significance to dreaming? I seem to have alot of strange dreams and I can remember them fresh often. Just today I had a strange dream. In it, was my sister and Rihanna sitting at a table. (Rihanna as in the famous hip-hop artist). They were just sitting there, you know, talking as young girls do. Rihanna wasn't in her usual flamboyant clothes, just dressed casually. And her demeanour was of a normal shy teenager. She looked at me with a confused and worried look. I felt a great sorrow for her, like she needed help. Now if any of you are familiar with occult symbolism in mainstream music, you will know that Rihanna's is full of it. Whether or not she herself is aware of it I don't know. She might just be another ignorant victim who has given herself up to fame and the devil, like Lady Gaga and Jay-Z. I have alot of dreams and I want to tell people about them. It is not a pride thing, I just want to know if there is any significance to them or if I should just ignore them.

Your thoughts please. ;)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: On dreaming

Post by B. W. »

ocarina_boy wrote:I would like to know what you all think about dreaming. Is there any special significance to dreaming? I seem to have alot of strange dreams and I can remember them fresh often. Just today I had a strange dream. In it, was my sister and Rihanna sitting at a table. (Rihanna as in the famous hip-hop artist). They were just sitting there, you know, talking as young girls do. Rihanna wasn't in her usual flamboyant clothes, just dressed casually. And her demeanour was of a normal shy teenager. She looked at me with a confused and worried look. I felt a great sorrow for her, like she needed help. Now if any of you are familiar with occult symbolism in mainstream music, you will know that Rihanna's is full of it. Whether or not she herself is aware of it I don't know. She might just be another ignorant victim who has given herself up to fame and the devil, like Lady Gaga and Jay-Z. I have alot of dreams and I want to tell people about them. It is not a pride thing, I just want to know if there is any significance to them or if I should just ignore them.

Your thoughts please. ;)
Most dreams are simply vent emotions. A few are not. I am not into this topic but you look up this topic on google -- christian interpretation of dreams -- and you will find a lot of stuff but becareful as there is a lot of junk out there too. Here is a link below:

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/BibleS ... mbols.aspx

Often when you get such a dream and you think it means something - best to do hat Pslams 46:10 - Be still and wait on the Lord's answer. Most often dreams are not inspired but help us vent life's ups and downs. If your dreams are from the Lord ask him to tell you what they mean or share them in a close Church fellowship.

Now If I were looking at this dream of yours I would say – new age movement seeks to attract followers maybe attracting your sister… so pray against it and pray for your sister and also for yourself for the Lord to protect you and teach you and help you grow stronger in the faith. There is a bit more, but that is the gist of it. Also you have a heart for those involved in new age who are lost, but you need to become stronger in the Lord yourself before attempting reaching out to them – you need a Christian mentor or a strong Christian Fellowship to grow in. Have you found a good Church in your area?

Feel free to post any other dreams you have…
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Seraph
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

Dreams are often the mind's manifestations of what is on your mind at the time. Often this can offer insight into what you need to do, so in this way I think dreams are sometimes an instrument of God even though it isn't a supernatural event or direct revelation from God.

There are instances in the Bible where dreams of prophets are direct visions from God, but this is probably extremely rare at best and I'd take people's claims of having divinely inspired dreams with a large grain of salt.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Also, ocarina, please consider writing in a journal recording your dreams. This helps and very effective.

Also, I'll PM you, if you like more information on this subject. Just let me know.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys