Question about adam and eve

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
talkingwalnut
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Question about adam and eve

Post by talkingwalnut »

Why did adam and eve rebel against god?(I know the devil tempted them) If they were his first creations shouldn't they have been the most loyal? I mean after all it was his first creations.

So in reality adam and eve ruined it for everybody to live in a perfect world?

So what if adam and eve never ate from that tree but someone down the line of humans did?
Would the outcome been the same?
Last edited by talkingwalnut on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Question about adam and eve

Post by Byblos »

talkingwalnut wrote:Why did adam and eve rebel against god? If they were his first creations shouldn't they have been the most loyal? I mean after all it was his first creations.

So what if adam and eve never ate from that tree but someone down the line of humans did?
Do you think God's redemptive plan was contingent on the actions of Adam and Eve?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
talkingwalnut
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by talkingwalnut »

Well this very own website says God wanted to have a direct relationship with us but that was ruined when adam and eve sinned and he had to make laws that we should obey.

So yes I believe he did have a plan but adam and eve ruined everything...so that goes to one of my questions I all ready asked.

If someone else sinned down the line of let's say the first 10 human beings would god of had to write laws just like now?
and would we of been taught that these other certain people were the reason we lost our direct relationship?
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

talkingwalnut wrote:Why did adam and eve rebel against god?(I know the devil tempted them) If they were his first creations shouldn't they have been the most loyal? I mean after all it was his first creations.

Not sure what you mean by a perfect world.. There was still death in the world back then.. What broke was the relationship between God and man. But that doesn't even matter either.. Regardless of Adam and Eve's sin, God always had a plan to rectify the situation. Forgiveness of sins via a sarifice, or accepting Christ. So.. Nothing has really changed..

In other words, we are back to square one..
talkingwalnut wrote:So what if adam and eve never ate from that tree but someone down the line of humans did?
Don't know.. Probably.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

talkingwalnut wrote:Well this very own website says God wanted to have a direct relationship with us but that was ruined when adam and eve sinned and he had to make laws that we should obey.

So yes I believe he did have a plan but adam and eve ruined everything...so that goes to one of my questions I all ready asked.
Ruined what? I don't understand.
talkingwalnut wrote:If someone else sinned down the line of let's say the first 10 human beings would god of had to write laws just like now?
and would we of been taught that these other certain people were the reason we lost our direct relationship?
Certain people? Well... We all sin against God, nothing new there.. So yes, we need to understand the law to some degree.. But that has all been restored. So nothing lost..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

talkingwalnut wrote:Well this very own website says God wanted to have a direct relationship with us but that was ruined when adam and eve sinned and he had to make laws that we should obey.
Make laws?

No, not at all. While I acknowledge there is a text (or texts) that seems to suggest that the law is made for the sinners (1 Timothy 1:9), there are more that establish it as holy , righteous, true and love. (Psalm 119:142, Romans 7:12-16, Galatians 5:14). Since God is eternal, then one can then say God's law is eternal if it is holy, righteous and true. Love sums up the law and God is love...so then God didn't "make" anything that didn't already exist by the God definition.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

talkingwalnut wrote:Why did adam and eve rebel against god?(I know the devil tempted them) If they were his first creations shouldn't they have been the most loyal? I mean after all it was his first creations.

talkingwalnut,

Eve and Adam transgressed because they are human beings. Fallible human beings. God's redemptive plan was thus set in motion. You could, if you really allowed yourself, look at the story in the garden as man's first real learning curve.

Danny
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Basically we were doomed to fall from the offset. There was no way God could create perfect freewilled beings and not have has fall. So the plan for salvation was already in play before we were created. That is how much he wanted us - he already knew he would have to sacrifice his son in order to have that perfect relationship with us. Kinda of fills you with awe.

SIlvertusk.