"Genesis Code" Movie

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
MarcusOfLycia
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

"Genesis Code" Movie

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

Has anyone heard of this or heard anything about it? It was brought up today online by some atheists I know and apparently it was filmed practically in my own backyard (in West Michigan), but I hadn't heard of it until today.
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: "Genesis Code" Movie

Post by jlay »

-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Well, at least it has Hockey in it! I may have to see it just for that alone. ;) It's hard to tell what the creation view being sythesized with christianity in the context of the film is though based on the trailer.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Swimmy
Established Member

Post by Swimmy »

Oh hockey fan? I will assume the canucks? I'm a flyers fan.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Looks quite good - must keep an eye out for that one.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I'm a Caps fan. The Canuckster is just because I'm Canadian originally.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Maytan
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Maytan »

Eh, I don't know about this...

If this movie ends up being ridiculous, it's just going to be more fuel for the atheists.