Child with high IQ looks to disprove big bang

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
cubeus19
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Child with high IQ looks to disprove big bang

Post by cubeus19 »

Hey guys, I was wondering if you have heard about this kid yet.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php ... ang-theory

They say he has a IQ higher than Einstein and he is hoping to disprove the big bang. I think I heard in a tv interview with him that one of his theories was supposed to show how a infinite number of causes (ie eternal universe) can be convergent. He also has stated that the current big bang models don't explain the amount of carbon present in the universe. Thoughts?
MarcusOfLycia

Re: Child with high IQ looks to disprove big bang

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

Heh, my first thought is: "Wow, if so many scientists can actually be proven wrong by a twelve-year old with less than twelve years of time to learn this stuff, what does it mean for other scientific theories?"
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

Doesn't Carbon form later on through nuclear fusion within massive stars? I would think that as long as there are large molecular clouds of Hydrogen (produced by the quarks that formed from the Big Bang), there will eventually be large amounts of Carbon later on. :P

Though I'm sure there's more to the kids arguement than that.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Maytan
Established Member

Post by Maytan »

A few things caught my eye:
Christians worldwide should applaud Jacob’s intent to disprove one of the many theories put forth by atheists to explain away the Biblical creation. According to astronomer Paul Steidl, “The big bang was invented specifically for the purpose of doing away with the creation event. An astronomer would laugh at the naivety of anyone who chose to equate the two events.”

Similarly, evolutionist Paul Davies asserts that the Big Bang Theory “differs greatly in detail from the biblical version.” He contends, “What one cannot say is, first, that the Christian doctrine of creation ‘supports’ the Big Bang model, or second, that the Big Bang model ‘supports’ the doctrine of creation.”
I thought the Big Bang theory was first proposed by a Catholic man? In fact, I just went and looked it up to be sure:
Both Friedmann and Lemaître proposed relativistic cosmologies featuring an expanding universe. However, Lemaître was the first to propose that the expansion explains the redshift of galaxies. He further concluded that an initial "creation-like" event must have occurred.

Besides, Hugh Ross, an astronomer, would disagree with saying the two events cannot be equated.

That just made my mind boggle a little bit... Very interested in seeing where this kid goes with this new ideas.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Higher IQ's than Eisenstein are not uncommon. (there is no conclusive evidence that Einstein ever took an IQ test). Even Two serial killers in history, both had IQ above 210. :ewink:
Both Friedmann and Lemaître proposed relativistic cosmologies featuring an expanding universe. However, Lemaître was the first to propose that the expansion explains the redshift of galaxies. He further concluded that an initial "creation-like" event must have occurred.
the problem with this is that even though both these scientists proposed expansions, it can not be measured since in universal time the point from where you stand and look at it is the only reference point through which one can determine a gap between two events (time). An alternative thesis do stand still which says that what if the expansion of the universe was uniform? meaning that even the universe expanded, it expanded on all sides (in equal measure of time) and since that happened in equal ratios, one can not judge relativity (thus implying, one can not calculate time as well) since all relativity remained constant. :pound:

I have no doubt about the Kid's genius. he may as well leave his mark on science but quite frankly, I do not think one can ever ever discern time zero and therefore cannot conclude what really happened billions of years ago without making some assumptions.

Also there is another thesis that says that the universe is not only expanding but shirking at the same time. y:-/ ...i know...lol
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

MarcusOfLycia wrote:Heh, my first thought is: "Wow, if so many scientists can actually be proven wrong by a twelve-year old with less than twelve years of time to learn this stuff, what does it mean for other scientific theories?"
The same thought came through my mind as well. :ebiggrin:

But beside that, what would be the implications if the Big Bang theory was indeed disproven? Although some say otherwise, it seems to me that it's much more in line with the Christian teachings than the oscillating universe theory, which is considered rather implausible if I'm not wrong. Does anyone have a link to any resources about the oscillating universe theory?
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

It is quite possible that the big bang never happend, though one would have to find a way or explaining the expanding universe and such.
Of course the theories of mulitiple universes has been around for a bit, though that theory doesn't explain how THOSE universe came to be anymore than how ours did.
As for this kids view that:
" infinite number of causes (ie eternal universe) can be convergent"
That doesn't mean that they ARE, nor doe sit explain how ANY one case, much less an infinite number of causes, came to be in the first place.

Sometimes smart people just out-smart themselves, LOL !