Thought of the Day 4: World is getting worse

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Thought of the Day 4: World is getting worse

Post by FearlessLlearsy »

The Bible calls us to be good stewards, and love our neighbors. Sadly, it is evident that the world is NOT getting any better, but is only getting worse.

What is the purpose of doing good? Why do people say, "lets make the world a better place"?

Can we conclude that we are not actually making the world a better place, but only postponing/slowing the social, spiritual, and physical decaying of our world?
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: Thought of the Day 4: World is getting worse

Post by neo-x »

y:-? only answer y[-o<
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

Post by FearlessLlearsy »

yeah.. your right Neo
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

The world can never be better without God, it is a delusion and the world follows it.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

I would disagree that the world is getting worse. We have more privilages, and better living conditions than ever before. Many diseases that were once fatal are now eradicated through vaccines. On top of that, we can freely hold positions regarding the Bible without fear of being executed if our interpretation doesn't conform to the interpretation of those in power, which is more than can be said for certain previous time periods. We can also live without the fear of being invaded tomorrow by an imperialistic army as was common for many countries in previous eras before the recognition of "states".

Some characteristics of our world have gotten worse, like more sex appeal being used for selling products and a decrease in climate quality. But other characteristics like cultural racism and technology have improved. Rather than see an increase of sin, I think we just substitute some sins for others. I think for the most part despite some decreases, the world is evolving and currently getting better.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

Hypothetically, if I could choose to have been born 25-30 years earlier, I'd probably accept that opportunity... y:-?
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

^^ Very well written seraph :clap: :clap: :clap:
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte