Man Down

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
MadHatter
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Man Down

Post by MadHatter »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvAXYr4pDY0

What do you guys think of Rihanna's Man Down?

Does it entice women to violence?
Is the video being attacked simply because our culture primarily looks down upon and is quick to blame rape victims for being attacked?
Does it empower women somehow?

In the United States, rapists can get life and even the death penalty. Should the victim of such a crime be entitled to imposing the sentence? Should a victim be punished for killing an attacker?
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Man Down

Post by Murray »

Rape can lead to suicide to give you an idea of how tramatic it is for somebody.

So I mean if killing the person means getting away then yes it is acceptable. If somebody attacked with a knife would you take precaution not to harm that person? Rape can be the same way as you are unsure if they will kill you when they are done or not.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Tevko
Familiar Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Man Down

Post by Tevko »

I've had the chance to council and observe a few victims of rape. Yes, in my opinion rapists deserve a life sentence and if killed whilst trying to commit the act, then the victim should be completely protected as long as lack of consent can be proved.