Scientology

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Scientology

Post by Murray »

Recently I took interest in looking at scientology (not for religious purposes), after doing much research on it I discovered some things very disturbing about it. They brainwash their members through physiological exams in which they force you to relive your most traumatic experience in your life, and then get you to focus on it; sadly this causes a large amounts of suicides. Secondly, you must give 30% of your income to the church, and if you wish to get deeper into the church, you end up shelling thousands everywhere. Now the most offensive thing about scientology is that they believe that all religion is programmed in us by galactic overlord xemu to stop us from discovering the real truth. The real truth costs $100,000 to get training to hear; if not fully prepared, galactic overlord xenu has installed us to die of phenomena. Well I have read this truth as it is listed on an anti--scientology group called "anonymous" and it goes like this.

Xemu was the dictator of the "Galatic Confederacy" who 75 million years ago brought billions of his people to the planet Earth in a DC-8-like spacecraft. He stacked them around volcanoes and killed them using hydrogen bombs. Official Scientology dogma holds that the essences of these people remained, and that they form around people even today, causing them spiritual harm.
These events are known in Scientology as "Incident II",and the traumatic memories associated with them are The Wall of Fire or the R6 implant. The narrative of Xenu is part of Scientology's teachings about ancient extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in earthly affairs, collectively described by Hubbard as a space opera. Hubbard detailed the tale in Operating Thetan level III in 1967, warning that the R6 "implant" (past trauma) was "calculated to kill (by pneumonia etc) anyone who attempts to solve it".

The offical church also called the story of moses "almost the same thing".
Heres more to it

The now-disembodied victims' souls, which Hubbard called thetans, were blown into the air by the blast. They were captured by Xenu's forces using an "electronic ribbon" ("which also was a type of standing wave") and sucked into "vacuum zones" around the world. The hundreds of billions of captured thetans were taken to a type of cinema, where they were forced to watch a "three-D, super colossal motion picture" for thirty-six days. This implanted what Hubbard termed "various misleading data"' (collectively termed the R6 implant) into the memories of the hapless thetans, "which has to do with God, the Devil, space opera, et cetera". This included all world religions, with Hubbard specifically attributing Roman Catholicism and the image of the Crucifixion to the influence of Xenu. The two "implant stations" cited by Hubbard were said to have been located on Hawaii and Las Palmas in the Canary Islands.

In addition to implanting new beliefs in the thetans, the images deprived them of their sense of personal identity. When the thetans left the projection areas, they started to cluster together in groups of a few thousand, having lost the ability to differentiate between each other. Each cluster of thetans gathered into one of the few remaining bodies that survived the explosion. These became what are known as body thetans, which are said to be still clinging to and adversely affecting everyone except those Scientologists who have performed the necessary steps to remove them.

A government faction known as the Loyal Officers finally overthrew Xenu and his renegades, and locked him away in "an electronic mountain trap" from which he still has not escaped. Although the location of Xenu is sometimes said to be the Pyrenees on Earth, this is actually the location Hubbard gave elsewhere for an ancient "Martian report station".Teegeeack/Earth was subsequently abandoned by the Galactic Confederacy and remains a pariah "prison planet" to this day, although it has suffered repeatedly from incursions by alien "Invader Forces" since that time.

In 1988, the cost of learning these secrets from the Church of Scientology was £3,830, or US$6,500. This is in addition to the cost of the prior courses which are necessary to be eligible for OT III, which is often well over US$100,000 (roughly £60,000). Belief in Xenu and body thetans is a requirement for a Scientologist to progress further along the Bridge to Total Freedom. Those who do not experience the benefits of the OT III course are expected to take it (and pay for it) again

I plan on attending anti-scientology protest due to the amount of harm this so called "religon" causes people, mentally, physcially, phychologically, and economically. By the way, their are actually videos of people who claim to have been held captive in their churched because the leaders were trying to
"help them", these alligations led to closing of churches in england.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Re: Scientology

Post by Silvertusk »

Murray wrote:I plan on attending anti-scientology protest due to the amount of harm this so called "religon" causes people, mentally, physcially, phychologically, and economically.
And because they are seriously nuts I hope :shakehead:
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

Sounds like this movie from like the '60s I watched a while back, involving alien ghosts trying to attack humanity because of an oppressive and failed government back home, and the only way to kill them was with some kind of UV beam... coincidence? I think not... y:-?
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
Echoside
Valued Member

Post by Echoside »

stopped reading halfway through, scientology is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Echoside wrote:stopped reading halfway through, scientology is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen.
keep reading, it gets better
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

kmr wrote:Sounds like this movie from like the '60s I watched a while back, involving alien ghosts trying to attack humanity because of an oppressive and failed government back home, and the only way to kill them was with some kind of UV beam... coincidence? I think not... y:-?

L ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer so it is possible it was just a movie based off one of his books.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

I'm not so sure that Ron was nuts, hard to say the same about some of his followers though.

I always liked the rumour that he started Scientology as a bet, but money and fame were more likely the real motivators.

Sam Merwin:"I always knew he was exceedingly anxious to hit big money—he used to say he thought the best way to do it would be to start a cult." (December 1946)
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Murray wrote:
kmr wrote:Sounds like this movie from like the '60s I watched a while back, involving alien ghosts trying to attack humanity because of an oppressive and failed government back home, and the only way to kill them was with some kind of UV beam... coincidence? I think not... y:-?

L ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer so it is possible it was just a movie based off one of his books.

I heard somewhere that this whoile Scientology lark was just a bet between him and a friend to see how many people would buy it.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

well i'd say he won the bet, and he made a couple million off that bet too :lol:
narnia4

Post by narnia4 »

Scientology is ridiculous, although what annoys me most about it is that its such an easy target that the lazy anti-Christian crowd will equate scientology with any other religion. Drives me nuts sometimes when knowledgeable Christians could easily show pretty conclusive evidence that they aren't even in the same category.
Young, Restless, Reformed
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

I wouldn't trust a man who once said that the best way to make a million dollars is to start a religion.

Plus...Galactic Confederacy...come ON. I wonder if anyone ever bother to ask ol Hubby how the heck he knew all the stuff he claimed to know.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Its A trap!
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Seraph wrote:I wouldn't trust a man who once said that the best way to make a million dollars is to start a religion.

Plus...Galactic Confederacy...come ON. I wonder if anyone ever bother to ask ol Hubby how the heck he knew all the stuff he claimed to know.

It is amazing how people believe this.... That's like believing in star wars
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Murray wrote:It is amazing how people believe this.... That's like believing in star wars
The force is weak in this one, Lord Vader.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com