Alzheimer's is justifiable for divorce??????

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Claymore
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Alzheimer's is justifiable for divorce??????

Post by Claymore »

What our your opinions about Pat Roberston and his statement that divorcing a spouse with Alzheimer's is justifiable because the disease is "a kind of death."
narnia4
Sex: Male

Re: Alzheimer's is justifiable for divorce??????

Post by narnia4 »

I'm not a fan and he could easily be described as a false prophet. I think he's interested in himself, his business ventures, his prophecies, the spotlight... he doesn't seem to treat the lost as the lost who God loves and we want to be saved but instead seems harsh about some things. And this issue, its just finding an excuse for his actions.

But as I said, I'm not a fan and I'll leave it at that.
Young, Restless, Reformed
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Claymore wrote:What our your opinions about Pat Roberston and his statement that divorcing a spouse with Alzheimer's is justifiable because the disease is "a kind of death."

For better and for worse. It is that simple.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

That's horrible.... ditching your spouse because they are sick. Makes me feel absolutely horrible to even thinking about doing something like that.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Claymore wrote:What our your opinions about Pat Roberston and his statement that divorcing a spouse with Alzheimer's is justifiable because the disease is "a kind of death."
Ok, where's the link to this? I don't want to reply without seeing the story.

Nevermind. I googled it. That's just the most uncaring thing I've heard from someone who claims to be a Christian. It's one thing to understand how difficult it must be to care for a spouse with alzheimer's. I just can't see how Pat Robertson justifies divorce in that situation. Does God abandon someone with Alzheimers when that person doesn't remember God? Mr. Robertson, you should be ashamed of yourself.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

this man really enjoys giving a bad name to christianity
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

This is the same Pat Robertson who said "I concur" after Jerry Falwell said that 9/11 was God's wrath on America for tolerating gays and abortionists just two days after it happened, right?

Now if that isn't spreading the love of God, I don't know what is. :?
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward