Metal?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
ThePerverse
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Metal?

Post by ThePerverse »

Hey guys. Anyone out there enjoy listening to metal? I just want to see how many theist people actually listen to it. Personally my favourite bands are Motorhead, Ozzy Osbourne, The Black Dahlia Murder, Heavenshallburn, Dragonforce, Abigail Williams, Avenged Sevenfold, Amon Amarth, Demon Hunter, Underoath, Celtic Frost, Blind Guardian, Satanakozel, 12 Stones, Dethklok, Metallica, 3 inches of blood, Misfits and Danzig. WBU people?

And no im not satanist or atheist. I am a theist like most of you. lemme hear from u metalheads
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Metal?

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I used to like metal in my rebellious years, so much hate and anger in secular metal ( not all but most ) that i can no longer stomach it.
There are some Christain metal bands but they seem to be more thrash type which doesnt float my boat, i like 7th day slumber ( more prog. rock than metal ) their early stuff sounds a lot like Tool but it is not in english. I now prefer more easy litening music and also a lot of classical stuff etc...
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Alpha~Omega
Recognized Member

Post by Alpha~Omega »

I listen to Christian metal bands and bands which have Christian influences, and clean secular bands.
Some of my favorite are: Theocracy, Divinefire, 7th avenue, Dragonforce!, Iron maiden, Northern Flame, Sonata Arctica, and a few others. I feel metal has some of the finest Christian musicians then other generes, there are exceptions though, like Decyfer down.
The Neurotic Saint.
Katabole
Valued Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by Katabole »

I have listened to some metal music over the years from time to time. More Black Sabbath and Metallica than anything else. I find it's the message being expressed, not necessarily the music itself.

Metallica have a number of Biblical undertones in their music. The song 'Creeping Death' on Ride the Lightning is essentially a story about Pharoah and the death angel of Exodus. 'The God that failed', from the Black album though, is a commentary about the naturalistic way of looking at the crucifixion of Christ, "behold, the healing hand held back by the deepened nail, follow the god that failed". I do like the instrumental 'Orion' on Master of Puppets though. Generally, I find Metallica's lyrics to be very nihilistic, for example 'Fade to Black and 'Seek and Destroy'. As time has gone on, the guys in that band are not nearly as negative about life as they used to be because of all the hordes of cash they have.

Black Sabbath is similar. The song 'After Forever" on Master of Reality could be one of the greatest Christian songs ever written. 'Lord of this World' on the same record is a description of the influence of Satan on humanity from the first person.

I must say, Christianity's cultural influence on modern music is huge, though it is not often spoken about. I remember reading a quote by John Lennon years ago when he said, "Without Elvis, none of us would have made it." Then I remember seeing an interview with Elvis and he was asked why he got into music in the first place. He claimed it was his love of Gospel music that made him the rock an roll artist he was. He used to go down to the local Baptist church when he was a kid just to hear singing.

Without Jesus Christ, there never would have been Gospel music or rock and roll in my opinion.

Black Sabbath, 'After Forever'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmyZ8juZWw
There are two types of people in our world: those who believe in Christ and those who will.

If Christianity is a man-made religion, then why is its doctrine vehemently against all of man's desires?

Every one that is of the truth hears my voice. Jesus from John 18:37
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

you can't powerlift without metal, just not possible :lol:

FFDP is probably my favorite, pretty much run through there 2 albums every time I lift.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte