Prayer for my sister

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Seraph
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Prayer for my sister

Post by Seraph »

My family is staging an intervention for my sister on Sunday, who we've discovered a couple months ago has an addiction to a potentially dangerous prescription drug that shes been taking illegally. I'm praying that it goes well and she gets the help she needs. Please ask God to help her. :(
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Prayer for my sister

Post by August »

With you in prayer.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Kenzel
Recognized Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Kenzel »

I'll keep her in my prayers!
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

praying
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

With you in prayers Seraph.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Seraph wrote:My family is staging an intervention for my sister on Sunday, who we've discovered a couple months ago has an addiction to a potentially dangerous prescription drug that shes been taking illegally. I'm praying that it goes well and she gets the help she needs. Please ask God to help her. :(
All the best, Bro y[-o<
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

praying
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

We convinced her to go to treatment! :D

Thank you so much everyone. God's certainly helping her through this.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Glad to hear it went well and will continue to pray for her.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Wonderful, keep us infromed
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

This has been quite a roller coaster ride so far. Since I last posted my sister did go to rehab but left it early and relapsed shortly after. However this week she went back and plans to stay for the full program. Hopefully good things are ahead.

Thanks everyone for your prayers in this. :D
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

wow, that is incerdibly tough! will keep praying!
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Very discouraged once again with this.

My sister finished her rehab program about two weeks ago and for a while I thought she was doing great. She even started asking me to read the Bible with her every couple nights so that she could find the strength to stay sober even though she never showed much interest in God prior to that, which I was extremely happy with. However about one week ago I found out that she had in fact relapsed the day she got out but never told anyone. She briefly went back to rehab and then went to a halfway house, but I found out today that they've kicked her out because she failed the drug test that they require. As of right now she's staying with her (bad influence) friend, has no stable residence, and has no plan for recovery. On top of that she sounds like she's in despair and ready to give up.

Not happy.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Bump: Just found out she's pregnant, the father is some loser who's in jail, and we're not sure what she or any of us are going to do. She could use some prayers.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Bump: Just found out she's pregnant, the father is some loser who's in jail, and we're not sure what she or any of us are going to do. She could use some prayers.
y[-o<
I dont know about the circumstances but the best help is someone who can stay close to her for her and get her out of this mess.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com