MacDougall's Experiments

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
La Volpe
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

MacDougall's Experiments

Post by La Volpe »

I'm not sure if you guys have ever heard of Dr.Duncan MacDougall but basically he was a man in the early 20th century who set out to scientifically prove that people have a soul and that the soul is a material object and therefore has mass. He weighed six patients and each time each one died they lost about 21 grams. No scientist to this day has a logical explanation of why. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_(doctor)
People will believe anything if you whisper it.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: MacDougall's Experiments

Post by Murray »

I've read aout this, always thought it was cool.

But i'm sure that the atheist came up with some explanation. , like blood settling ... or something y:-?

Kind of like NDE's, they can't explain it so they ignore it because it challenges their faulty beliefs
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
La Volpe
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: MacDougall's Experiments

Post by La Volpe »

Murray wrote:I've read aout this, always thought it was cool.

But i'm sure that the atheist came up with some explanation. , like blood settling ... or something y:-?

Kind of like NDE's, they can't explain it so they ignore it because it challenges their faulty beliefs
Exactly but his experiments even state that he tested certain variables like the last breath leaving the patients body, if the blood settled it would actually make the body heavier (more pressure) like you said they have no excuse so they ignore.
People will believe anything if you whisper it.