Perry and Romney

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Perry and Romney

Post by RickD »

Will anyone be surprised when President Obama gets re-elected to another term in office? When the Republican party's best candidates are Perry and Romney, Obama doesn't look so bad after all. :roll: We have a Candidate who is gullible enough to believe in Mormonism, in Romney. Then, in Perry, apparently, we have a candidate who calls himself a Christian, and isn't discerning enough to realize Mormonism is a cult. When will the Republican party wake up, and present us with a viable candidate who can defeat President Obama?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/0 ... 3%7C102673
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Perry and Romney

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:Will anyone be surprised when President Obama gets re-elected to another term in office? When the Republican party's best candidates are Perry and Romney, Obama doesn't look so bad after all. :roll: We have a Candidate who is gullible enough to believe in Mormonism, in Romney. Then, in Perry, apparently, we have a candidate who calls himself a Christian, and isn't discerning enough to realize Mormonism is a cult. When will the Republican party wake up, and present us with a viable candidate who can defeat President Obama?
That is politics’ - heard an interview on CNN of a pastor speaking of Mitt but did not say what Mormon’s believed, instead they were not Christians and the interviewer ended with a reference to the Latter day Saint website citing that they believe in Jesus Christ for salvation and Jesus was the son of God so that according to interviewer, Mormons are Christians. A good reporter would have searched out how the Mormons define these phrases and compared them to what orthodox Christianity teaches only if the pastor would have been more careful with his words, after all he knew it was a CNN reporter.

Mitt is an GOP establishment favored candidate and that is why I oppose him, not because he is a Mormon because he is the GOP establishments candidate – the favored McCain and George Bush didn’t work out so well. Think they would learn – no… Politics is about manipulation of moderates to swing votes, not about policies that affect the future of the country not so much.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:Will anyone be surprised when President Obama gets re-elected to another term in office? When the Republican party's best candidates are Perry and Romney, Obama doesn't look so bad after all. :roll: We have a Candidate who is gullible enough to believe in Mormonism, in Romney. Then, in Perry, apparently, we have a candidate who calls himself a Christian, and isn't discerning enough to realize Mormonism is a cult. When will the Republican party wake up, and present us with a viable candidate who can defeat President Obama?
I don't understand it either since Mormonism is extremely easy to refute.. You really have to have the blinders on not to see it. Everyone talks about education and the importance of study and yet we have people that that either can't read or are extremely terrified to make a stance against it.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Addie
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Addie »

"Romney wins! We're calling it tonight," is how Jon Stewart read Perry's debate performance, which started with a "brain turd" and ended with an unbearable "Oops." Although, that's not quite the four letter word Stewart would have gone with.

Before Stewart got to the comedy meat on the bone that was Perry's gaffe, he took the time to back up his prediction that Romney would win by looking at how all the other candidates performed. Between Herman Cain calling Nancy Pelosi a "princess," Newt Gingrich's less than pleasant demeanor, Bachmann's recent irrelevance and Ron Paul's quirks, the only contenders left to beat Mitt Romney are two guys who Stewart compared to the lesser Baldwin brothers.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Addie wrote:"Romney wins! We're calling it tonight,"
Romney would be the last in my book... He would make a great anti-Christ however.. According to Mormon doctrine, a Mormon can become their own god. I could see that guy placing himself on the throne of God easily.. ;)

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
Addie wrote:"Romney wins! We're calling it tonight,"
Romney would be the last in my book... He would make a great anti-Christ however.. According to Mormon doctrine, a Mormon can become their own god. I could see that guy placing himself on the throne of God easily.. ;)
I wouldn't vote for Romney, either. When I lived in Massachusetts, he was governor. He promised not to raise taxes. Well instead, he added fees to a lot of stuff instead. Sneaky bugger, he is. His fees directly affected us when we went to refinance our mortgage. I don't trust the guy.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Herman Cain DOES still have a shot. These allegations hold no water and have pretty much disappeared.

The other Candidate I kind of like is the Grinch.

Both are better than Romney and Perry if you ask me. And especially obama
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote: I wouldn't vote for Romney, either. When I lived in Massachusetts, he was governor. He promised not to raise taxes. Well instead, he added fees to a lot of stuff instead. Sneaky bugger, he is. His fees directly affected us when we went to refinance our mortgage. I don't trust the guy.
Did you see how Romney lit up last night on those cards for illegal immigrants? Pretty weird..

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

The thing is - all your "Christian" candidates always come across as Caricatures and it is embarrasing to watch them. They basically make Christianity look like a joke. I always cringed when I saw Bush on TV. What America needs is someone like Josiah Bartlett or Matt Santos but then that is pure wishful thinking.

Silvertusk.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Silvertusk wrote:The thing is - all your "Christian" candidates always come across as Caricatures and it is embarrasing to watch them. They basically make Christianity look like a joke. I always cringed when I saw Bush on TV. What America needs is someone like Josiah Bartlett or Matt Santos but then that is pure wishful thinking.
I agree. It's almost like pawning God.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Randy24
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by Randy24 »

The only real canditate there is, is Ron Paul! All the others are just puppets, who say one thing one day and the complete opposite another day! Look at how much the leader board has changed - up and down, up and down! Only Ron Paul has been consistent all the time and is gaining more support!

Ron Paul Highlights at the Fox News Iowa GOP Debate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNfruyVG ... AAAAAAAHAA
Since I am not an american then someone has to vote for Ron Paul for me ;)
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Randy24 wrote:The only real canditate there is, is Ron Paul! All the others are just puppets, who say one thing one day and the complete opposite another day! Look at how much the leader board has changed - up and down, up and down! Only Ron Paul has been consistent all the time and is gaining more support!

Ron Paul Highlights at the Fox News Iowa GOP Debate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNfruyVG ... AAAAAAAHAA
Since I am not an american then someone has to vote for Ron Paul for me ;)

"we should let iran get nukes because all of their neighbors have nukes"
-Ron paul

He has 0 foreign policy, if he was somehow elected iran would get a nuke and fulfill their mission to become a martyrdom by destroying Israel and then igniting another large scale world conflict.

Oh and he also wants to cut all foreign aid going to Israel.

Other than that I like him, to bad he refuses to adapt anything that resembles a foreign policy
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yep, no question, Ron Paul's ship won't float with the pacify Iran anchor he's dragging around. The thing is, as much as some Libertarian thought is attractive, what it doesn't really do is realistically address the darker sides of human nature. Libertarians seem to think people will make GOOD and rational choices if only we make the right choices and policies available to them. But we know that the world doesn't work like that. Paul's weak military stance makes him a fringe candidate amongst all conservatives, excepting his die-hard supporters. Plus, he comes across as a cranky old kook. Not to mention he is totally unelectable!
And remember this jewel of a quote by Murray, about three weeks back: "Herman Cain DOES still have a shot. These allegations hold no water and have pretty much disappeared."

Wishful thinking, my man! But, as for Cain, I truly wish the reality was not the reality - but it sure looks to be.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

3 weeks ago it looked like they didn't, but things do not always turn out they way you expect them to do they?

It's a shame he did those things, seemed like such a great candidate. It still amazes me that a lot of Cains support that left him due to the allegations went to the Grinch....

I currently hope that some other candidate who you never hear about, who isn't even in the debates right now will gain some support, because right now I'm not excited about any of the candidates. The only 2 I remotely like are Santorum, who has no shot due to the disgusting and degrading definitions of his name made by gay extremist Dan savage; and John huntsman, who really has no base of support.

I'm currently in the attitude of "anybody but Obama"
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Murray wrote:
"we should let iran get nukes because all of their neighbors have nukes"
-Ron paul

He has 0 foreign policy, if he was somehow elected iran would get a nuke and fulfill their mission to become a martyrdom by destroying Israel and then igniting another large scale world conflict.

Oh and he also wants to cut all foreign aid going to Israel.

Other than that I like him, to bad he refuses to adapt anything that resembles a foreign policy
Exactly Murray.... I agree. Letting Iran get nukes would not only be bad for Israel but also for the U.S. and the world.. The problem here is that these nuts will actually use them to destroy the world. In fact they are mandated to use them..