God's will

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

God's will

Post by ultimate777 »

Can anything happen that is not God's will? Can anything happen that is against the will of God? Can anything not happen that it is the will of God for it to happen?

Can anybody tell how I feel about nitpicking? :pound:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: God's will

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:Can anything happen that is not God's will? Can anything happen that is against the will of God? Can anything not happen that it is the will of God for it to happen?

Can anybody tell how I feel about nitpicking? :pound:
Yes, and no. People are constantly doing things against God's will, in this creation. But, that's not the same as God's ultimate will, and plan.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

To add on to what rick said,

When we sin, got allows the consequences of sin to take place, but the sin is from our action. So I suppose god does allow things to happen to us, even if they are against his will, because he must in sense, "teach a lesson" to us about sin, and allowing this course to play out is that lesson.

Another thing, on natural disasters, it is again a yes and no answer.

God created the earth, and in order for the earth to function and form nature must run its course, whether it be plate tectonics (causes earthquakes), weather patterns ( tornado, hurricane, blizzard, ect...) or disease which is probably, sad to say, here to help keep our population in check.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Rick and Murray I think some people around here advance their arguments by saying if its not God's will it cannot happen. Cannot give an example now.

Parenthetically an old girlfriend once told me she believed God would not let aliens from outer space destoy us but He would allow us to destroy ourselves.