After Christmas death, teen leaves online message behind

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

After Christmas death, teen leaves online message behind

Post by Gman »

Pretty amazing story guys... Please read and see the video below. My grandfather had the exact same experience.

Earlier this month, Ben "cheated death" a third time -- he passed out at school. He regained consciousness, though he couldn't move or speak, to find himself surrounded by paramedics.

"I heard them say, 'he's not breathing, his heart is stopped & he has no pulse."

"I really thought to myself, this is it. I'm dying."

This time, he had a detailed dream, or vision: He was in a white room that had no walls. "I was wearing a really nice suit, and so was my fav rapper, Kid Cudi." (Another adorable grin.) "Why he was the only one there with me, I'm still trying to figure out." Ben's favorite Kid Cudi song, "Mr. Rager," started to play. The song contains the lyrics, "When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?" At those words, the vision of Kid Cudi told Ben, "Go now."

Ben woke up, but the last four notecards in the video say:

"I didn't want to leave that place."

"I wish I NEVER woke up."

"Do you believe in angels or God?"

"I do."

Source: http://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn.com/ ... age-behind
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
wrain62
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: After Christmas death, teen leaves online message behind

Post by wrain62 »

Tell us about your grandfather's experience.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

wrain62 wrote:Tell us about your grandfather's experience.
Pretty close to the same.. He was walking through an alley way and was hit by a car. It threw him and when he woke up, he was in a tunnel of light.

I've also had friends that died and saw themselves out of body. It actually happens to a lot of people. More proof that we are spiritual IMO.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

Depends on what you mean by "spiritual" in my opinion. If simply having a spirit is what you mean, or something more specific or philosophical.

As far as the kid's experience, it's pretty nice. I usually try not to pay too much attention to these stories because I never know what to think about them. I heard a story about some really young kid (like 4 years old or something) who supposedly died, went to heaven, and came back to life. He was on the Today Show and his dad was a pastor. That one bugged me because his story, while uber-Christian and very nice sounding (he saw his grandpa who he'd never met), it sounded completely rehearsed and it just seemed like an attention/money ploy (they had a book deal and were paid to be on the show). The bigger story with this kid is that he died after making a couple inspirational videos, which is certainly tragic.

I'd also like to throw out my view on the matter...I like to think that the afterlife/heaven is a rather personal experience, not a cookie-cutter white-walled utopia that the media and hollywood portray. I'm not saying it can't be like that, but I think the afterlife holds something distinct for every person based on their beliefs and so on.

Also, kudos to Kid Cudi for paying his respects to the family of this kid and calling him his hero. Nice when famous people actually take a few minutes to give a damn about the rest of the world occasionally.