DOES GOD TAKE US THE WAY WE EVEN WITH SINS

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Truboyy
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

DOES GOD TAKE US THE WAY WE EVEN WITH SINS

Post by Truboyy »

EVEN THOU THERES POEPLE THAT BELIEVES IN GOD .... AND DO SOME BAD THING FOR EXAMPLE THERE'S PEOPLE THAT DO DRUGS AND CAN'T STOP BUT OTHER WISE THERE A GREAT PERSON AND BELIEVE IN GOD .... DOES GOD TAKE THEM AS THEY ARE OR PUNISH THEM BY NOT LETTING THEM GO TO HEAVAN.....
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: DOES GOD TAKE US THE WAY WE EVEN WITH SINS

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

We all sin, no one is ever going to be perfect and through the saving grace of Jesus our sins have been forgiven.
1 Samuel 15:23 James 2:10 Romans 3:21
If you have a drug problem maybe you should seek some help with that trust me I know I have been there but with Christ it is a battle that can be won.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

God wants to save all, but remember he is holy and he wants his people to be holy as well. So at the end, what counts the most is what is in your heart. If you enjoy your sin, God will know that, if you fight your sin and fail or succeed, God will acknowledge that too. Yes, we all sin, but I think we are derailed when we think Christ compromises on our sins. He doesn't, that is the only reason he came all the way down to earth and died a horrible death so that we could be free of sin. He wants to abolish the sinful nature in us and though sin we may, it is paramount to know what is working in us. If it is the spirit of God and nature of God then we are assured that we can overcome our weaknesses and God saves us from our sins. But if it is the sinful nature that rules us and we are lip-Christians then we need to seriously look into our spiritual life, and the void which only Christ can fill.

When I say "sinful" I do not mean, people who sin. For everyone sins, now and then, often. What I mean is that is Christ has done his work in us? Are we a new creature, does the spirit of God dwells in us? These is the most important questions. And if Christ has not done his work in us then are we willing to let him rule our heart. And the beauty is that he can rule our heart despite our weaknesses. Sanctification is a life long process. But what does develop is the love and intimate relationship with Christ and through that we can learn to overcome sin. Christ is not looking for people who never sin, rather the people who, being in him, changed, do not want to sin. The ones who realize that their heavenly father abhors sin.

We can sin and be forgiven or we can sin and continue to sin and think we are forgiven. Faith in no way is an umbrella for sinning. And the beauty is that if you ask God to deliver you from your weakness you will be delivered.

I don't think it is a fair way to say that God is gonna punish us for every single sin we do nor do I think it is fair to say that we can be children of God and sin all we want. I do however think it is a good question to ask yourself if you hate sin or not? I think that pretty much decides the camp you are in. No child of God can love God and love sin at the same time. He will either love one and hate the other. Paul speaks of something close when he mentions his weakness at doing something he wants to do but can't and what he doesn't want to do, he ends up doing exactly that. And in this scenario where we know but can't overcome by ourselves, is the point where the grace of Christ can help us. And the same Paul wrote

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:"

I think there is a fine line between sinning as a born again believer and fighting it and then asking God for grace and his love to overcome the sin, and being a Christian by name, loving the wickedness, the acts of the sinful nature and think it is okay to sin as long as you are a Christian you are just saved. You can't fall in both groups at the same time. If you are a child of God and you sinned, you would know the grace of love of God and being a child of God and having the nature of Christ, you will know how terrible sin is and may I say, you will detest sin even though you fell for it. But if we have not been born again, nor is the spirit of Christ in us then we will be okay with sin, because at the core we do not fully realize the work of the Cross neither God's nature and his dislike of sin.

Because at the bottom of it all, it is of utmost importance to know whether we are Christians by name or does Christ's spirit is in us.

Fighting sin and addiction is not a very easy task but it helps most when it comes with an understanding of God's love and his nature. Once you get to know Christ, that is the moment of change and then it becomes easy rather then trying to change with your own efforts.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
jestes
Familiar Member

Post by jestes »

Truboyy,

I think you're looking for a simple answer, but you've asked a difficult question. I think you're asking, "Does/can God still love me despite all the things I do?" If that's your question, then the answer is a thundering "YES!" God has more love for you than anybody can figure out. He wants to help you though EVERYTHING you have going in your life. Hooked on drugs? He wants to help. Spend a ton of money on strippers? He want's to help. I'm not kidding. I mean EVERYTHING. Just ask!! How do I know? I've been there. I still struggle with things.

Here's how that conversation between you and God might go:

You: I'm afraid of you. Do you actually love me, or is that just some crap somebody made up?
God: No, I really do love you. No lies, no tricks. I LOVE YOU.
You: Look at everything I've done though!! Look at the things I still do even though I know better. How can you say you love me? People don't love someone who's hurt them this bad.
God: Look, I'm not cool with what you're doing. It's gonna kill you. But, I still love you, regardless of what you've done. I want to help you any way you'll let me.
You: How do I let you help me? That doesn't make any sense.
God: Just ask me!!
You: How do I ask?
God: Pray and believe what I'm telling you! You know all the stuff you've heard about Jesus being God?
You: Yeah, what about it?
God: All that stuff is true! I'll explain it all later, but for now, just believe me when I say I can fix EVERYTHING if you want me to!
You: What if one day you tell me I sinned too much and you stopped loving me?
God: That's not how I work. I don't back down. I don't quit. I have never lost somebody who came to me, and I'm not going to start now.
You: So you will take me as I am, sin and all?
God: YES!!! I'll heal whatever hurts, I'll fix whatever is broken, and I will never leave your side.

Truboyy, Do you see what I'm saying? There is ALOT to learn, but God knows that. He is ready and willing to love you and spend the rest of your life teaching you what you need to know. All you need to do is ask him. Do you just believe in God, or do you know about Jesus too?
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Brilliant post there jestes.

Here is a couple of skits you can look at that also protray that message.

http://skitguys.com/videos/item/grace

http://skitguys.com/videos/item/gods-chisel-remastered

Silvertusk.