What?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Tina
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

What?

Post by Tina »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztDgyOKej1k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efdj5-VV ... ure=relmfu

What do you think of these 2 short videos?? I want to be open minded but something inside me says that something's not right. ( the second is the first episode of a series )

I'm just not sure about these. Any thoughts, please?

Note- I fully believe homosexuality is a choice
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: What?

Post by Ivellious »

The first video is kind of silly to me.

The second video is basically the reality I see in the world today. It's pretty much a good summation of how homosexuals feel and how Christian parents and friends tend to be rather harsh and cold about people "coming out" to them. For the record, I wholeheartedly feel that homosexuality is not a choice. That just makes no sense to me. I'm straight, and I never chose to be that way. I never woke up and said "you know, I think I'm going to be attracted to girls." And I've never heard anyone who says homosexuality is a choice say that they picked out their sexuality. And I certainly don't think that a pre-pubescent child could decide to be attracted to one sex or another, without even knowing what sexual attraction is.
KOGnition
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by KOGnition »

Well both certainly try and generalize how Christianity interprets certain issues. These are straw-men video's if I've ever seen any.
I take them as nothing but a warning. One should be weary of letting malignant pride of their faith slip into their hearts. Once this happens, anybody is prone to twist and diverge away from the truth Jesus Christ offers us.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Stupid 1, and stupid 2
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony