The Good Samaritan ?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

The Good Samaritan ?

Post by twinc »

Which of the characters in this parable is us - if in doubt ask your Vicar,Pastor or Priest - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The Good Samaritan ?

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:Which of the characters in this parable is us - if in doubt ask your Vicar,Pastor or Priest - twinc
IMO, Jesus is saying that the good Samaritan showed love for his neighbor, as an example of how we should love our neighbor.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Every parable that Jesus said had the surface lesson and a deeper lesson for the church and a deeper lesson about Him.
The surface lesson is that those who help Us and care for us, are our neihbours, regardless of who and what they may be - see the parable of the sheep and goats as well.
The church lesson was to help others regardless of who they are -love thy enemies and care for them if they need you.
The Lesson was also that CHRIST would soon be the man who needed help and who would be the ones to help him? His own people or a stranger? even an "enemy"?
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

Paul you have correctly imho given us the surface lesson and also a deeper lesson so how about the deepest and most important lesson - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:Paul you have correctly imho given us the surface lesson and also a deeper lesson so how about the deepest and most important lesson - twinc
Twinc, now that you have an adequate answer, please come home! :poke:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

not at all - you are lying in the gutter beaten up by your loved and loving neighbours imagining you are helping others - leave others alone and do them a favour instead of imagining you are a do gooder and not a scally - just pray that Christ passes by - that is if you really want to do good and not harm - let Christ help you out of the gutters created by humans and come home - twinc