The Lamb of God

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

The Lamb of God

Post by twinc »

according to scriptures and John the Baptist does the Lamb of God take away the sin or sins of the world - twinc
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: The Lamb of God

Post by neo-x »

what do u think?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

neo-x wrote:what do u think?
I do not think - I only think I think - twinc
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

then what do you think you think, when you think that you think
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

neo-x wrote:then what do you think you think, when you think that you think
but you see or dont you see but only think you see - you see I dont do nothing at all at all but I am busy doing nothing - so you see thoughts occur in spite of me but I cant stop me thinking I think them but I cant stop thinking I think them as and when they occur - so what do you think about that - twinc
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

but how do you see me when you are thinking that Im only thinking and not seeing while you can also be not seeing but only thinking that you may be seeing, and since you are busy doing nothing but thinking of doing nothing you might actually be doing something and not nothing and yet do nothing but thinking - What it only entails is that the thoughts do belong to you despite your thinking otherwise and you may not have the control to stop them when they occur though I am certainly aware that when you put them down you might actually put some head into it and not think that I don't see but only think I see while you thinking about me, actually are the one, who is thinking and not seeing.

without.

twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

I am thinking you are doing a lot of thinking that you are not doing - this is known as the sin of pride I AM THINKING,taking the glory away from God and claiming it for one's self - for truly we do nothing for it is in Him that we move and live and have our being - maybe you think this is not so - not only do we not think but we do not even breathe and just as well - twinc
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I am thinking you are doing a lot of thinking that you are not doing - this is known as the sin of pride I AM THINKING,taking the glory away from God and claiming it for one's self - for truly we do nothing for it is in Him that we move and live and have our being - maybe you think this is not so - not only do we not think but we do not even breathe and just as well - twinc
So you are saying, lets say for example, what Hitler did was, in HIM (God).

Because if we are thinking in God I do not see how you can so legally describe it as the cardinal sin of pride - and if we are thinking outside of God, then our glory to him doesn't matter, there are other things to be concerned about first, like coming to Christ. The problem is when you say "in God" and then extract meaning out of the metaphor and apply to actuality, you open up a door for problems. On one hand you can not say we are in God and then say we can sin in God, because that semantic circus just impugnes God's very nature with your derived implicit perspective. On the other hand if, as you put it, somone is taking the glory away from God (WHICH I HARDLY DOUBT ANYONE ACTUALLY CAN) or is being proud with arrogance then I do not see the connection you tried to make here because if we can do NOTHING other than in HIM than pride certainly is an action you can do in HIM and actually you can credit the source as God because that is what your post is deriving at, Twinc. You are attributing all to God, good and bad included.

without.

twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

it seems to me that we do not even do nothing for it seems nothing happens - does nothing happen where you are or does something happen or does everything happen where you are - do you not know that you happened,and happened to be male or black or white,able or disabled,ugly or handsome,stupid or genius,no control over your breathing,digestion,secretion,circulation,reaction to stimulus,people,events,did you choose your family,friends,events,date and time of birth,country,religion etc - need I go on and do all the thinking that I think you should be doing for yourself - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The Lamb of God was an analogy.
Lambs were sacrificied to show repentance and to atone for sin.
Christ was the Lamb of God because his sacrifice atoned for THE Sin of which Nothing could atone - the sin of humans beleiveing they can be their own salvation, in sense being their "own God".
Christ did for us what NO ONE or ANYTHING could do.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

it seems John the Baptist did not realise this but was thinking just in terms of Original sin and the closure and reopening of heaven,whereas our sins could not be taken away until committed and confessed - twinc