What if you were aborted?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

What if you were aborted?

Post by ultimate777 »

Suppose 50 years ago you were aborted and went straight to Heaven?

What if just now your mother died and also went to Heaven, what would you say to her?

Consider if she had not done so you would have had an earthly travail and might have never gone to Heaven.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: What if you were aborted?

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

ultimate777 wrote:Suppose 50 years ago you were aborted and went straight to Heaven?

What if just now your mother died and also went to Heaven, what would you say to her?

Consider if she had not done so you would have had an earthly travail and might have never gone to Heaven.
That really depends on one's culture and nationality.

An aborted Australian would say, ''I never tasted a cool beer and shrimp on the barbie because of you!''

An aborted Slobovian would say, ''well, I guess I just wasn't good enough and I'm sorry I put you through all that trouble.''

An aborted American would say, '' I never had the FREEDOM - the glorious FREEDOM that is my RIGHT - to decide FOR MYSELF because of you, you COMMUNIST running dog of a mother!''

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member
Sex: Female

Post by inlovewiththe44 »

I like FL's response. Good work.

I think I have another question to add to this thread:

What will aborted souls be like in heaven, since they didn't have time to develop any kind of character or personality while on Earth? Same goes for really young babies that die.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

inlovewiththe44 wrote:I like FL's response. Good work.

I think I have another question to add to this thread:

What will aborted souls be like in heaven, since they didn't have time to develop any kind of character or personality while on Earth? Same goes for really young babies that die.

I am sure they will develop character while in the new creation.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member
Sex: Female

Post by inlovewiththe44 »

True. Sometimes I forget that when we die here, it isn't the "be all, end all" so to speak. I guess it's hard to imagine growing and changing, and becoming more like yourself after this life just because it's the only life we know so far :)