Science and Fatima

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
lpzho
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Science and Fatima

Post by lpzho »

Hello,

I am writing to share something I noticed concerning science and the miracle of the sun at Fatima. The behaviors of the sun during the miracle as reported by eyewitnesses suggest that what they saw was a star going through its life-cycle in fast motion. This is interesting because at the time of the miracle science did not yet have a full understanding of a star's life, thus making the miracle a display of theretofore unknown scientific knowledge, adding support to the idea of the miracle as the work of a superhuman being. I have made a website of the matter at http://lpzho-spaceholder.blogspot.com/2 ... arris.html if anyone is interested.

LPZho
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Science and Fatima

Post by bippy123 »

This doesn't explain the drying of peoples clothing. The amount of energy needed to dry their wet clothing should have incinerated them. What's funny is that the atheist editor of the states communist newspaper oseculo wrote an article a week before ridiculing the 3 children and the believers who were there as superstitious people .
When the miracle happened a d was witnessed by over 70000 people the editor of oseculo was there expecting nothing to happen. After he witnessed the miracle he was in shock. What he saw defied explanation and instead of rediculing the kids again he wrote a positive article about the miracles that defies explanation.

The communist government of Portugal pit heavy pressure on him to to recant his story but he wouldn't. He eventually converted to Christianity because of this event. It was witnessed by believers and unbelievers alike. There are some people in the church that believe that this was a natural event, but still a miracle because the 3 kids told everyone that the virgin Mary said that God would make a great miracle on that day.

I believe it was a naturistic event because of the effect that the miracle had on the peoples clothing defied a naturalistic explanation.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

bippy123 wrote:This doesn't explain the drying of peoples clothing. The amount of energy needed to dry their wet clothing should have incinerated them. What's funny is that the atheist editor of the states communist newspaper oseculo wrote an article a week before ridiculing the 3 children and the believers who were there as superstitious people .
When the miracle happened a d was witnessed by over 70000 people the editor of oseculo was there expecting nothing to happen. After he witnessed the miracle he was in shock. What he saw defied explanation and instead of rediculing the kids again he wrote a positive article about the miracles that defies explanation.

The communist government of Portugal pit heavy pressure on him to to recant his story but he wouldn't. He eventually converted to Christianity because of this event. It was witnessed by believers and unbelievers alike. There are some people in the church that believe that this was a natural event, but still a miracle because the 3 kids told everyone that the virgin Mary said that God would make a great miracle on that day.

I believe it was a naturistic event because of the effect that the miracle had on the peoples clothing defied a naturalistic explanation.
Fascist government my friend, NOT communist.
lpzho
Newbie Member

Post by lpzho »

The fascists came in later. I don't believe they had much of a problem with either the Catholics or the miracle.