David Barton Book pulled by Publisher

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

David Barton Book pulled by Publisher

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Don't know how many of you are familiar with David Barton and Wall Builders which focus upon the US being a Christian Nation. David has published multiple books claiming mainstream historians ignore or minimize America's Christian Heritage. He's been rejected by many historians as inaccurate and using historical methodology that is biased and unsupportable.

Just recently Thomas Nelson Publishers have pulled publishing his latest book after a group of Christian Scholars coordinated by The Discovery Institute (a creationist group primarily) reviewed his Book on Thomas Jefferson and found several substatial factual errors. So now, Barton is being questioned by conservative Christian Scholars and not just secular ones.

http://www.worldmag.com/webextra/19840

Thoughts?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: David Barton Book pulled by Publisher

Post by RickD »

One thought, and it may not be politically correct among Christians. What's with the movement within American Christianity to "bring back America to its Christian roots"?
Am I missing something? Or, isn't this what this is about?

What's the motivation to "return" America to a "form" of Christianity?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony