Hebrew language and God

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Zionist
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Hebrew language and God

Post by Zionist »

I stumbled across this video while doing research on the Hebrew language and symbolism in the Hebrew letters. i found this pretty interesting and wanted to share it with you all. please tell me what you think. God bless.
http://youtu.be/jV-UuVB9Huo
Our rightousness is of filthy rags and in the eyes of God all have gone astray and nobody is justified under the Law. We are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in Him and in Him who he has sent Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way.
Gman
Old School

Re: Hebrew language and God

Post by Gman »

Zionist wrote:I stumbled across this video while doing research on the Hebrew language and symbolism in the Hebrew letters. i found this pretty interesting and wanted to share it with you all. please tell me what you think. God bless.
No problems from me... I've written before that Yeshua was revealed in the Tetragrammaton awhile back.. I'm studying Hebrew now and have most of the prayers down..

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 22&t=36144
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Zionist wrote:I stumbled across this video while doing research on the Hebrew language and symbolism in the Hebrew letters. i found this pretty interesting and wanted to share it with you all. please tell me what you think. God bless.
Yes, very interesting…

I am studying more the Hebrew Root system and Pictograph nature of the letters more than the numbers assigned to the letters.

I like this verse:

Zec 12:10 "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn." NASB

The Hebrew word ME in the verse is from the Hebrew letter Alef and Tav - The first letter and last letter of the Hebrew Alphabet.

AMG The Word Study Dictionary defines it use in the below quote:
Stongs 853

את
’ēṯ: This particle points out the definite direct object in a biblical Hebrew sentence. It is usually not translatable. It is normally employed in Hebrew prose but may often be missing in Hebrew poetry. It occurs as ’eṯ, ’eṯ-, or ’ēṯ-. It may take pronominal suffixes, ’ôtı̄y, me; ’ôtkā, you, etc. (1 Sam 8:7). Used before mı̄y, ’eṯ mı̄y, it indicates whom. In fact, it is able to point out any kind of accusative in a sentence (cf. 1 Kings 15:23). It is used thousands of times in the Old Testament.
In Zec 12:10, what YHWH is saying (See Zec12:4) in verse ten by the word translated ME is this:

Zec 12:10 "…they will look on (Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End, First and the Last) whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn." NASB composite

Note Rev 1:8, 17, 18 and how profound this is…

There is a way to indentify the pre-incarnate Christ Jesus speaking in the OT…

The numbered letters are interesting but the letters do have meanings as well...

Aleph - Ox, Strength, Leader and Tav - Mark, sign: covenant, signature, ID of people, places or things.

Here what the Ancient Hebrew Lexicon says about this word:
The pictograph a is a picture of an ox. The t is a picture of two crossed sticks used to make a sign or mark.

Combined these pictures represent "an ox moving toward a mark".

When plowing a field with oxen, the plowman drives the oxen toward a distant mark in order to keep the furrow straight. A traveler arrives at his destination by following a mark. The traveling toward a mark, destination or person.

The arrival of one to the mark. A "you" is an individual who has arrived to a "me". The coming toward a mark.

A standard, or flag, with the family mark hangs as a sign. An agreement or covenant by two where a sign or mark of the agreement is made as a reminder to both parties. (eng: at - a moving at something)
Now understand what Jesus said in Mat 13:39 and elsewhere about plowing as well as the New Covenant mentioned in - Jer 31:31, Mat 26:28, Heb 8:13

Look upon the Beginning and the End, the Alef and Tav, First and the last, and in Greek translated as Alpha and Omega…

That is why I find Hebrew pictograph so amazing – it helps connect the dots…

And how does the Greek define sin? Missing the Mark! What path are we to walk - straight and narrow! What's the purpose of the New Covenent? reconciled back to God...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Zionist
Established Member

Post by Zionist »

@ B.W. and Gman
i have been studying the hebrew language for a going on a little more than a year and i do agree that by studying it we can see a lot of symbolism and dots connected. it just makes the bible pop out to you more plus it is very fun and interesting. thanks B.W. for the post and thanks Gman for the link to your topic :)
Our rightousness is of filthy rags and in the eyes of God all have gone astray and nobody is justified under the Law. We are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in Him and in Him who he has sent Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Zionist wrote:@ B.W. and Gman
i have been studying the hebrew language for a going on a little more than a year and i do agree that by studying it we can see a lot of symbolism and dots connected. it just makes the bible pop out to you more plus it is very fun and interesting. thanks B.W. for the post and thanks Gman for the link to your topic :)
Toda raba...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Gman wrote:
Zionist wrote:@ B.W. and Gman
Toda raba...
Eyn davar
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys