The fight for free religion

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
kowalskil
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Framework

The fight for free religion

Post by kowalskil »

The fight for free religion in America

This PBS video, broadcasted on 12/18/2012, is worth watching and thinking about.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2315729403

It is full of topics worth debating, either here or elsewhere. Please share the link with those who might also be interested.

Best wishes to all,
Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia) is the author of a FREE ON-LINE autobiography, entitled “Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality.”

//csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html

It is a testimony based on a diary kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA).
The more people know about proletarian dictatorship the less likely will we experience it.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: The fight for free religion

Post by Ivellious »

I just got done watching the documentary. Very informative piece indeed, especially for someone like me that enjoys the study of history and religion.

I don't know how much debate there is to have from this...it seemed like a fairly basic description of how the Constitution and Bill of Rights were formulated and where the influences came from. I suppose you could debate each individual founding father's take on religion and freedom of religion, but I think this was a good take on it, personally.