Really good Mike Licona lecture

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Really good Mike Licona lecture

Post by DRDS »

Seen here, again it's kinda long about a hour and nineteen minutes but very worth it. It has a Q&A session at the end as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... nb-Nz2aFoc
SonofAletheia
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Really good Mike Licona lecture

Post by SonofAletheia »

Listening now :ebiggrin:
Read Licona's and Habermas's book The Case for the resurrection of Jesus a few years ago. Good stuff
I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
What comes into our minds when we think about God, is the most important thing about us.
-A.W. Tozer
SonofAletheia
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Really good Mike Licona lecture

Post by SonofAletheia »

It's interesting how Licona considers these three the top historical facts for the resurrection: (1) Death of Christ, (2) genuine belief of the disciples of the risen Christ and their willingness to die, (3) and the conversion of Paul.

I was under the impression that the "Empty Tomb" was one of the fundamental facts surrounding the Resurrection..? I would put this over the conversion of Paul.

Am I wrong here?
I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
What comes into our minds when we think about God, is the most important thing about us.
-A.W. Tozer