A question for Furstentum Liechtenstein

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

A question for Furstentum Liechtenstein

Post by neo-x »

Fl, I couldn't help but notice this:
Now as much as I am glad about the fact that you were concerned for me, believe me I do, I somehow don't get why would you think living among muslims has corrupted my mind? What have you seen in me that warrants such a conclusion? I hope its not the Rabbi, p-sucking story because on that as a christian I stand firm and say it without a speck of a doubt that its horrible and disgusting, I am sure you share my disgust of the practice. My intention in posting that, since you were inquisitive about it was that it was news to me, and since its a kind of a hidden practice, it needs to be exposed and rebutted, especially by christians.

On a happier note, I will be very glad to receive that collection from you when you think its adequate enough to help me, I could come and visit you in Canada. :)
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: A question for Furstentum Liechtenstein

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

There seems to be a lot of senseless character/belief bashing going on here recently, remember we are brothers and sisters in Christ and we should act accordingly. Even when dealing with people of different beliefs (I know I am just as guilty as the rest of us), we should always be reflecting the love of Jesus and beaming that at everyone we speak too. Too often we have lost our tempers and too often we have hurt each other's feelings, this board should be a safe haven of peace , not a hellish torture chamber.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

neo-x wrote:Now as much as I am glad about the fact that you were concerned for me, believe me I do, I somehow don't get why would you think living among muslims has corrupted my mind?
Actually, I don't know that it has corrupted your mind but I know that it cannot be good. If I lived in a country where churches are burned and Christians are murdered with impunity, I think it would be...uh...stressful? I don't know if the Stockholm Syndrome would apply to your situation but if it does - somehow - I would not blame you for siding with Muslims in badmouthing Israel. and Jews in general.

You really do live in a crappy country. Even a move to India would be an improvement. Not a big improvement, but an improvement...somewhat. Of course, Canada would be Paradise.

My only prayer is that you manage to stay safe in that wretched nation you call home.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Danieltwotwenty wrote:There seems to be a lot of senseless character/belief bashing going on here recently, remember we are brothers and sisters in Christ and we should act accordingly. Even when dealing with people of different beliefs (I know I am just as guilty as the rest of us), we should always be reflecting the love of Jesus and beaming that at everyone we speak too. Too often we have lost our tempers and too often we have hurt each other's feelings, this board should be a safe haven of peace , not a hellish torture chamber.
I think you are misunderstanding something but I don't know what.

No one has hurt my feelings. If I have hurt anyone's feelings, they should put on the full armor of Christ...either that or get a life!

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

No, FL, I don't worship jews or Israel, I don't consider them the high watermark of all human establishment, I see them sinners no more than me you, any bloke for that matter. Second, i see fit to call them out when it's reason enough to, the stockholm syndrome may very apply to me but in this case not so, since I criticize my country equally and quite brutally at times, my equal disdain is towards the west's foreign policies too, America in particular enjoys my distrust when it comes to it, and in the same league is any other country, Israel included. Because unlike you, who has no stake to lose in all of this, except a line of words, my situation is directly affected, my life is directly affected. If you are very sensitive, like Gman, in this regard then please by all means think of me a man with a syndrome, if you will, but your grounds for rendering such a conclusion in a public chat, has left me concerned. And where as I am perfectly happy to have you be of your opinion, it is a bit shocking to me that you betray reason itself. For had I such a syndrome as you suggested, I would not be criticizing my persecutors as I do. I am not holding them in any esteem nor am I looking over their faults.

My only regret in writing this is that I have to defend this charge from you in public, as if I need to prove my loyalty to a brand, Israel in this case.
I would not blame you for siding with Muslims in badmouthing Israel. and Jews in general.
Please explain, how did I manage to do that? Tell me was Jesus badmouthing Israel too when he called them whitewashed, rotten graves? Is it a crime to call something out on when there is reason to? you seem to suggest otherwise when it comes to Israel.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

No one has hurt my feelings. If I have hurt anyone's feelings, they should put on the full armor of Christ...either that or get a life!
In that case, may be you should try putting that armor on yourself too. :shakehead:

without.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

To be fair, FL posted that on mini chat before he was aware that the video Neo posted was actually true.
At first glance by watching the video and seeing all the comments underneath, it just seemed like an anti Semitic, anti God video.
FL was as shocked as I was, to find out the practice is real.

So, FL's comments to me on mini chat happened because he thought Neo was just posting an anti Semitic video. And Neo wasn't.
And frankly, I thought it may be an anti Semitic video too, until I looked into it. The practice is performed within Judaism. But from what I've seen, there are rabbis speaking out against it.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote: Please explain, how did I manage to do that? Tell me was Jesus badmouthing Israel too when he called them whitewashed, rotten graves? Is it a crime to call something out on when there is reason to? you seem to suggest otherwise when it comes to Israel.
For the record.. G-d did not reject the Jews.. They are still His chosen people.. Jesus NEVER badmouthed Israel. Only a few of the Jews that were taking a legalistic approach to the Torah.

Romans 11:1 I ask then: Did God reject his people (the Jews)? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people (the Jews), whom he foreknew.

Romans 11:11 Again I ask: Did they (the Jews) stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

All Israel will be saved someday..

Romans 11:25-27 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is[f] my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

Romans 11:28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they (the Jews) are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:There seems to be a lot of senseless character/belief bashing going on here recently, remember we are brothers and sisters in Christ and we should act accordingly. Even when dealing with people of different beliefs (I know I am just as guilty as the rest of us), we should always be reflecting the love of Jesus and beaming that at everyone we speak too. Too often we have lost our tempers and too often we have hurt each other's feelings, this board should be a safe haven of peace , not a hellish torture chamber.
I think you are misunderstanding something but I don't know what.

FL
I was speaking generally and was not aiming it at anyone in particular.

If I have to put on the armor of God to protect myself and others from their Christian brothers and sisters there is definitely something wrong. As far as I am aware the armor of God is to protect against evil doers and Satan, maybe I should start reciting Matthew 16:23 to people on this board.
Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”
The way Neo has been treated recently sucks and I will not stand by and watch in silence.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Let's pray that God helps us to act brotherly. Let's pray that he gives us all more peace, love, humility, understanding, respect, wisdom.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Gman wrote:
neo-x wrote: Please explain, how did I manage to do that? Tell me was Jesus badmouthing Israel too when he called them whitewashed, rotten graves? Is it a crime to call something out on when there is reason to? you seem to suggest otherwise when it comes to Israel.
For the record.. G-d did not reject the Jews.. They are still His chosen people.. Jesus NEVER badmouthed Israel. Only a few of the Jews that were taking a legalistic approach to the Torah.

Romans 11:1 I ask then: Did God reject his people (the Jews)? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people (the Jews), whom he foreknew.

Romans 11:11 Again I ask: Did they (the Jews) stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

All Israel will be saved someday..

Romans 11:25-27 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is[f] my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

Romans 11:28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they (the Jews) are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.
For the record, I didn't say he did, I said, if I find them doing something which I have reason to object to, then I will. And I am not sure why and how that can be labeled as Anti-semitic.

without.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Neo wrote:
For the record, I didn't say he did, I said, if I find them doing something which I have reason to object to, then I will. And I am not sure why and how that can be labeled as Anti-semitic.
It's not anti-Semitic. I don't see anything wrong with what you said.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

I go away for two days and this foolish thread is still among the Active Topics?! With all that's going on in the world, you guys are still milking this penis-sucking stuff?

+ + +

Neo...you wouldn't like Canada because the PM is a staunch supporter of Israel. I think you would be happier in Baroque Osama's kingdom. Moreover, if you established yourself in Detroit, It would pretty much feel like home to you.

FL :mrgreen:

+ + +

+ + +
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
neo-x wrote:Now as much as I am glad about the fact that you were concerned for me, believe me I do, I somehow don't get why would you think living among muslims has corrupted my mind?
Actually, I don't know that it has corrupted your mind but I know that it cannot be good. If I lived in a country where churches are burned and Christians are murdered with impunity, I think it would be...uh...stressful? I don't know if the Stockholm Syndrome would apply to your situation but if it does - somehow - I would not blame you for siding with Muslims in badmouthing Israel. and Jews in general.

You really do live in a crappy country. Even a move to India would be an improvement. Not a big improvement, but an improvement...somewhat. Of course, Canada would be Paradise.

My only prayer is that you manage to stay safe in that wretched nation you call home.

FL
I also can tell you without a hint of reservation that being born and raised in the Middle East has only served to strengthen our faith as Christians. Just an FYI.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos,
Now that you've settled into the US, you must be a football fan. How's your favorite team doing this year? :stirthepot:

And please, no 2007 & 2011 references allowed. :crying:

-Edward R Murrow