Son of God movie

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Son of God movie

Post by Gman »

Not sure if anyone is paying attention, but there is a new movie coming out called "Son of God" in theaters February 28, 2014.

http://www.sonofgodmovie.com/home.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIXCok9HPg[/youtube]

A concern of mine with this movie is how they portray Jesus (or Yeshua) without wearing his tzitzit... I have no glue how any Biblical scholar or movie writer could miss such an artifact on Christ's clothes. It's the year 2014, and we still can't portray Christ in His true Hebrew context. Jesus was a JEW... Not a greek god..

:doh:

Correct!

Incorrect..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Son of God movie

Post by Silvertusk »

I think it is just a hash of the episodes from the Bible series that was on last year. I will give this a miss as as far as I am concerned that was the biggest TV disappointment ever.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Silvertusk wrote:I think it is just a hash of the episodes from the Bible series that was on last year. I will give this a miss as as far as I am concerned that was the biggest TV disappointment ever.
Agreed.. That was probably the corniest episode I've ever seen on the Bible. I can't see myself watching this one either.. The best one I've seen on Christ was the one done in the 70's.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Gman wrote:
Silvertusk wrote:I think it is just a hash of the episodes from the Bible series that was on last year. I will give this a miss as as far as I am concerned that was the biggest TV disappointment ever.
Agreed.. That was probably the corniest episode I've ever seen on the Bible. I can't see myself watching this one either.. The best one I've seen on Christ was the one done in the 70's.

If you are referring to Jesus of Nazareth with Robert Powell then that was incredible.

There was a more modern one with Jeremy Sisto and Gary Oldman in that was very good as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bible-Jesus-DVD ... ords=Jesus
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Silvertusk wrote: If you are referring to Jesus of Nazareth with Robert Powell then that was incredible.
Yes, Robert Powell was fantastic in that.. It always seems the English actors are better.. Not surprising.

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Gman wrote:
Silvertusk wrote: If you are referring to Jesus of Nazareth with Robert Powell then that was incredible.
Yes, Robert Powell was fantastic in that.. It always seems the English actors are better.. Not surprising.

Ironically it was him who narrated the Bible Series when it was shown here in the UK.
joker18
Newbie Member

Post by joker18 »

I'm not attempting to be smarmy, but why do all the Jesuses in the movies have to look like mid sixties hippies. I look at other Sephardic Jewish people and I don't see someone who looks like a hippy. I see a Jewish person. It seemed like this "look" of Jesus started in 1961 with Jeffery Hunter in the movie "King of Kings. :scratch: I'm not complaining and I'm glad for movies promoting Christ, but it's like they all look the same.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

joker18 wrote:I'm not attempting to be smarmy, but why do all the Jesuses in the movies have to look like mid sixties hippies. I look at other Sephardic Jewish people and I don't see someone who looks like a hippy. I see a Jewish person. It seemed like this "look" of Jesus started in 1961 with Jeffery Hunter in the movie "King of Kings. :scratch: I'm not complaining and I'm glad for movies promoting Christ, but it's like they all look the same.
True... They have stripped Him of His Jewishness. Whenever I think of a surfer Jesus, I always think of this one..

jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

I think many missed this proverb from Jesus.

"Got the wings of heaven on my shoes
I'm a dancin' man and I just can't lose.
You know it's all right, it's O.K.
I'll live to see another day."

-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious