Is this guy crazy?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Is this guy crazy?

Post by ultimate777 »

You are a psyciatrist. A man is brought before you. He claims to be Bill Jones. But nobody knows him, or so it seems. He has no ID, or no other proof. But here is the thing. All those people who cannot identify him he can identify. He claims they are his friends and co-workers. They don't seem to know him. But they do not deny they have the name he calls them, or the title, except his "wife'' where this all started when this "strange" man woke up in bed with her. His "mother" does not seemingly know him but she admits to the name he says she has.

Do you blow off this guy as delusional right away? Or what?
Byblos
Old School

Re: Is this guy crazy?

Post by Byblos »

The possibilities are endless. What are you driving at?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

If that happened to me in real life, I would probably suspect that he was a very crafty con-artist. I couldn't explain how he knows what he knows, maybe he hired a private investigator before his charade, but thats probably what I would think.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Byblos wrote:The possibilities are endless. What are you driving at?
In order to understand what I am driving at you must watch this, if the link works.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=per ... 02120BFF87

I think it will be worth your 24+ minutes. If you can't watch it I cant see how you can understand what I am driving at.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Seraph wrote:If that happened to me in real life, I would probably suspect that he was a very crafty con-artist. I couldn't explain how he knows what he knows, maybe he hired a private investigator before his charade, but thats probably what I would think.
See my reply to Byblos. And see the link. It works for me.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

ultimate777 wrote:
Byblos wrote:The possibilities are endless. What are you driving at?
In order to understand what I am driving at you must watch this, if the link works.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=per ... 02120BFF87

I think it will be worth your 24+ minutes. If you can't watch it I cant see how you can understand what I am driving at.
I think if you watch the thing you will see a huge oversight in the shrinks thinking. That is evidence which strongly suggest the patient just may not be delusional. Not proof. But strong evidence.
Be nice if somebody risked his 23+ minutes and decided it was not a waste of time. Anybody up to try?