God receives all the glory without the penalty

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
lexy
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes

God receives all the glory without the penalty

Post by lexy »

One of the biggest problems I have found in my struggles understanding common religions is the idea that we as humans always give God praise for his feats of glory, humanity, and miracles, however, it is despicable or even pure heresy to suggest that he is at fault in something not having your desired outcome. I know this is a broad topic with many ways to go but I''m completely stuck. For instance, If a mass murder were attempted and all were spared due to someone performing a heroic act. The press, the public, our Govt. would immediately flood our country with "praise God", "our prayers were answered", "I told you he performs miracles" etc. On the other hand, if the complete opposite happened and many were murdered, first of all, most people would quietly try not to mention Him, but the more bold person would respond like "God has everything happened for a reason", " Only God knows" or " Pray for the victims". Aren't these completely opposite outcomes to this tragic situation that result in responses that aren't so opposite? Very few are negative or questioning; it almost seems like the ultimate cop-out, like when your kid asks you a question that you don't have the answer to and you say because I said so. This is a hypothetical, however, you see and hear it everyday from people getting sick, the sun rising, waiting on test results...etc
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: God receives all the glory without the penalty

Post by 1over137 »

There are people who, after death of their family member, would say: Praise the Lord, he is now with him.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: God receives all the glory without the penalty

Post by Stu »

All too often Christians attempt to give meaning to events that occur for no other reason than chance.

If you're driving down the highway at 140km/h and a truck coming in the opposite direction suddenly veers off course due to a flat tire, hitting the vehicle head-on, that is an accident. The driver either failed to replace worn tires, something punctured the tire, etc.

Chance. It's a product of free-will.

Sometimes God acts in our lives and sometimes He doesn't. Just because something bad happens in your life doesn't mean it happened for a reason. Sometimes life just happens, that is the nature of our reality.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.