Good scripture.

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Good scripture.

Post by Silvertusk »

Hello. Because there is so much out there I am looking for a good passage that sums up the free Gift of God of eternal life and companionship with Jesus. Apart from the obvious one of John 3:16 has anyone got a really good passage that sums up this idea of this wonderful gift for you?

Much Appreciated.

Silvertusk.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Re: Good scripture.

Post by Silvertusk »

Just it clarify, I only ask as there are so many verses that cover it, I was wondering if anyone had a particular favourite? I need a good passage for a piece of writing I am working on.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

There are a lot, but here are the ones I regularly use when I talk to people (as in, I actually hand them their Bible and tell them to read the verses to me):

John 6:47
Acts 16:30-31
Eph. 2:8-9

There are lots of others I actually use, but I thought I'd just pick one from a Gospel, one from Acts, and one from an Epistle and that might prove helpful. :)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Here is one from the OT along with beginning of a sermon outline of mine:

Text:

"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other." Isaiah 45:22, NASB

and then...

"They will say of Me, 'Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength" Isaiah 45:24, NASB

Intro:

-Who is this Lord that only in him are righteousness and strength?

-Who is it / I ask...

-Turn to who and be saved?

-Question posed by many

-Some declare - all roads lead to heaven...

-Others proclaim - there is no God...

-But what does the heart of men and woman say

-Say when rejected,despised, betrayed, abandoned, abused, when insecurities rule and twist ones life into a pretzel of failure (list more)

-Where did that come from - why do we continue to spread it around to the next generation (example)

Main Point I

"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other." Isaiah 45:22, NASB
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Thank you guys. I will definately look those up.