prophecy real?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
WannaLearn
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

prophecy real?

Post by WannaLearn »

Ok, How do you know Prophecy really came true? I know this has probably been discussed on here before so links would be nice and your inputs. Could something like a terrorist attack happen today then I write that down but then write on another sheet of paper and lie and say that I'm going to predict it like a prophecy and say that in 4 years 10 years there will be a terrorist attack? I don't think its that simple but I don't know much about prophecy.
WannaLearn
Established Member

Re: prophecy real?

Post by WannaLearn »

y[-o<
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

WannaLearn wrote:Ok, How do you know Prophecy really came true? I know this has probably been discussed on here before so links would be nice and your inputs. Could something like a terrorist attack happen today then I write that down but then write on another sheet of paper and lie and say that I'm going to predict it like a prophecy and say that in 4 years 10 years there will be a terrorist attack? I don't think its that simple but I don't know much about prophecy.
Let break down your questions: How do you know Prophecy really came true?

Isaiah 11:11 concerns the nation of Israel and that event has happened and came to fruition May 1948. These verses are included in the Dead Scrolls so no one lied after the fact about this.

This events involves from the time of Moses, to the Babylonian captivity, to the destruction of the temple in 70 AD. Two distinction dispersion into the nations and two unique regatherings of the Jewish people have occurred all prophesied in the bible. Just that alone and the fact the Jewish people still exist and their culture back in their own land speaks volumes.

Next: Could something like a terrorist attack happen today then I write that down but then write on another sheet of paper and lie ... saying I predicted it years earlier

Yes, people who do this often call themselves psychics and do - do this. They do not have an ancient book to base their predictions on, only the current news. They have no record to prove they wrote their predictions long ago either. Yet, others may practice conjuring and receive stuff form another otherworldly source but these exalt whom and what?

Hope this helps...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
WannaLearn
Established Member

Post by WannaLearn »

How do you know old prophecies in the bible aren't like pyschics?
WannaLearn
Established Member

Post by WannaLearn »

http://www.therefinersfire.org/recent_prophecy.htm

and why is god so concerned with Israel?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

WannaLearn wrote:How do you know old prophecies in the bible aren't like pyschics?
We have the old text and many, like Isaiah 11:11-18 is very specific...

Psychics rely on the placement of stars and planets, channeling, reading tea leaves, spells, trances, etc... and draw people away from God who can save and heal them...

The old argument is that you can't trust bible prophecy because it is open to privet interpretation is based on the principles Moral Relativism. This mindset that there is no truth other than whatever one thinks it is - is used often in these types of discussion and is passed off as the morally superior way of critical thinking. It is not.

There are clear prophecies within the bible that have come to pass written long before the event exemplified in the Dead Sea scrolls which show no alteration of text by future scribes.
WannaLearn wrote:http://www.therefinersfire.org/recent_prophecy.htm

and why is god so concerned with Israel?
It is by Israel - God choosing a people - is how he decided to make his Name and Existence known midst people who don't want him but rather desire the relativism of man. Due to the fall, he designed a way to get through to people that one - He exist - two He is God - three He is who he says he is - four he wants folks to return to him freely, not by coercion, and many more reasons to numerous to list here.

You and I and others may think - he should have done it another way but the reality of the matter is we would not have listened just as we do not do so now. He choose a people with whom to reveal Himself to all humankind. In fact, that is the most logical method there is as it retains the rights of the gifts God endowed to humanity to remain just to all.

Take some time and think about it for a bit :)
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
WannaLearn
Established Member

Post by WannaLearn »

What are the dead sea scrolls?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

WannaLearn wrote:What are the dead sea scrolls?
Here are a few links:

History

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_Scrolls

Link to read Isaiah version of the Dead Sea Scrolls:

http://dss.collections.imj.org.il/

This link lets you read the DSS scroll of Isaiah and check out chapter 11 concerning Israel brought a second time back into their land regarding what I mentioned previously.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: