The damaging effects of bullies.

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

The damaging effects of bullies.

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I watched this video today and was bought to tears because it pretty much summed up my early life experiences.
We can all be the victims of bullies and also be the bully at anytime of our lives, I just want us all to have a good think about what we say (or write) to each other, we don't know the damaging effects our words can have on people, sticks and stones may break your bones but words can destroy a soul.

Anyway enjoy the vid if you have time to watch, I highly recommend it.

http://www.upworthy.com/the-most-beauti ... -ever-seen

Edit. Language warning, one word once.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: The damaging effects of bullies.

Post by B. W. »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I watched this video today and was bought to tears because it pretty much summed up my early life experiences.
We can all be the victims of bullies and also be the bully at anytime of our lives, I just want us all to have a good think about what we say (or write) to each other, we don't know the damaging effects our words can have on people, sticks and stones may break your bones but words can destroy a soul.

Anyway enjoy the vid if you have time to watch, I highly recommend it.

http://www.upworthy.com/the-most-beauti ... -ever-seen

Edit. Language warning, one word once.
Bullies... Democrats out for blood...

http://www.thetarheelreport.com/2013/05 ... ed-by-irs/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03 ... -property/

http://washingtonexaminer.com/wall-stre ... le/2549933

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/20341065/ ... mb-residue

http://www.governmentbullies.com/2012/0 ... y-outside/

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Top-c ... 331253.php

Now, if we are to be actually to pay no heed to those who desire to bully us and win them over with passive non-aggression - then why all the concerns about bullying?

Why not just turning the other cheek to bullies of all types be taught and instead just teach the following: if they want your money, give, if they want your sex - submit, if they want your own children - give them to them - just love them... no matter what...

Did Jesus really teach us to take it as such good noble pacifist or is there a bit of contextual wisdom missed by his people that is being overlooked, such as, being wise to discern the correct times and do what he desires to be done per the times?

Eccl 3:1-11

Psalms 82:3 , Isa 1:17, Jer 22:3, Jer 22:15-16

Luke 22:36-37
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Well, there's 12 minutes I'll never get back. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Everyone knows there's only one way to deal with a bully. Fight back. This poor fellow was minding his own business, when he was accosted by a motorcycle gang. Way to go little fellow!
Fight back!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Well, haven't seen the video, but just wish to say that after crossing the line one is to fight back.
If they want sex (this is disgusting topic) my body is temple, I belong to God and I am to protect myself. If they want my kids, well, no dispute we are to protect them. If they want my money, well, I may need them for living. i may need them for helping others.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

What is wrong with you people, you turned a topic on how words can have a severe effect on people into a topic on self defence. You are moderators, you should stay on topic, this forum is chaos since all the old mods stepped down.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:What is wrong with you people, you turned a topic on how words can have a severe effect on people into a topic on self defence. You are moderators, you should stay on topic, this forum is chaos since all the old mods stepped down.
Daniel,

I wouldn't complain about it getting off topic. If you want us to be strict about the rules, I'll delete the thread because of the profanity on the video.

I suggest you let it go.

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:What is wrong with you people, you turned a topic on how words can have a severe effect on people into a topic on self defence. You are moderators, you should stay on topic, this forum is chaos since all the old mods stepped down.
Daniel,

I wouldn't complain about it getting off topic. If you want us to be strict about the rules, I'll delete the thread because of the profanity on the video.

I suggest you let it go.
Delete it I don't care. I spend much more time on Reddit these days anyway, at least there the mods are fair and just. Here there is just an agenda to push at the expense of other people.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Well, there's 12 minutes I'll never get back. :mrgreen:
I know your trying to be funny, but don't you think it's a little inappropriate and demeaning to this person who was pouring out their heart. Saying his speech was a waste of time is the exact type of bullying I was talking about. What if this guy happened to come across this forum one day and read what you have said about him, how do you think that would make him feel. I know if it was me it would probably crush me, yes I would get over it but the scars will always remain. Imagine your a blank sheet of paper and every time someone says something nasty to you you fold that piece of paper, eventually you end up with a crumpled piece of paper and no matter how hard you try to smooth it out it will never go back to being that nice clean piece of paper, it is now marked forever, that's what happens when you bully people. Everything you say will either build up or tear someone down, it's your choice on how you want to behave.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Daniel,

I suggest you let it go.
Delete it I don't care. I spend much more time on Reddit these days anyway, at least there the mods are fair and just. Here there is just an agenda to push at the expense of other people.
I think you've officially hijacked your own thread. y#-o

Daniel,

Every moderator here volunteers his/her time to do the best they can. We don't need disrespect. If you have an issue with a specific moderator, take it to him in a pm please.

No moderators here, at least to my knowledge, are pushing any agendas. We are all just as human, and prone to mistakes as anyone else.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

The concern about bullies from the liberal & secular media makes me want to :roll: . We've all been bullied: Big Deal! Bullying is part of our fallen nature and nothing will change that until the New Creation. So get used to it and get over it.

Why all the whining with young men now? Have most men under 40 been castrated at birth?

FL :brick:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:The concern about bullies from the liberal & secular media makes me want to :roll: . We've all been bullied: Big Deal! Bullying is part of our fallen nature and nothing will change that until the New Creation. So get used to it and get over it.

Why all the whining with young men now? Have most men under 40 been castrated at birth?

Murder is apart of our sin nature, do you think we should go around and doing that also until Christ returns?

Do you think Jesus would have wanted us to work at being as good as we can be and denounce evil when we see it or do you think he would want us to sit on our laurels doing nothing to write wrongs and applaud evil when we see it until his return?

Should we be slaves to our impure desires, should we just give up and let them consume us, maybe I should start taking drugs again because after all it is just apart of my nature and while I am at it maybe I should cheat on my wife.

Maybe you should also join me FL, nothing wrong with a bit of cheating, we should just get used to it because after all it is just a part of our natural inclinations.

How about we set up a fund where we go around to the families of kids who have killed themselves because of bullying and we can tell them how much of a sissy they were and that they should have just gotten used to it. How dare they play the victim in all of this, it's not the bullies fault he killed himself. This will bring them great comfort won't it FL, you are going to be called great in the kingdom of God, so much better than all those pathetic losers who couldn't handle a little bullying.
What a brood of vipers they all are, Jesus would be ashamed of them.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:The concern about bullies from the liberal & secular media makes me want to :roll: . We've all been bullied: Big Deal! Bullying is part of our fallen nature and nothing will change that until the New Creation. So get used to it and get over it.

Thank you very much for showing me your true colours FL.

I am a teacher and I have seen first hand the effects of bullying on others. It is devastating. I know children who have committed suicide because of it. FL, if you think these people are just being whiny then like Dan said I would like to see you say that to their faces, but fortunately for you they are dead and so you can't.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Guys,

FL is talking about grown men complaining about being bullied when they were young. He didn't insinuate that we should turn a blind eye when children are bullied.

FL was specifically talking about us as adults. We all have been bullied. Don't dwell on problems of our childhood. Crap, if I kept dwelling on everything that happened as a child, I'd be a drug addicted alcoholic.

So one got bullied 10, 20, 40 years ago. Get over it! Grow up! Life is too short.

And another thing. We need to take a step back and stop assuming people mean something that was never said nor implied.

And if we're not sure of someone's post, ask for clarification. Instead of jumping down someone's throat for something they never meant.

-Edward R Murrow

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Let FL speak for himself Rick.