Don’t get drunk after a flood.

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Domenic
Established Member
Christian: Yes

Post by Domenic »

Last edited by Domenic on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Re: Don’t get drunk after a flood.

Post by neo-x »

mere proof-texting.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

neo-x wrote:mere proof-texting.
Mere proof-texting? The Bible proves out that Ham had sex with his mother.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Genesis 9:20-22
20 Noah began to be a man of the soil, and he planted a vineyard.[c] 21 He drank of the wine and became drunk and lay uncovered in his tent. 22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father and told his two brothers outside.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Noah cursed Canaan, you don't do such a thing because someone saw you naked when presumably it's your own fault for lying around starkers and drunk.
The phrase "to uncover someone's nakedness" meant to have sex with them
The phrase "to uncover your fathers nakedness" was referred to in scripture as meaning to have sex with the father's wife.
Some have the school of thought that Noah himself was sodomised or that Ham had sex with his mother?? Either way just wrong!
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

melanie wrote:Noah cursed Canaan, you don't do such a thing because someone saw you naked when presumably it's your own fault for lying around starkers and drunk.
The phrase "to uncover your fathers nakedness" was referred to in scripture as meaning to have sex with the father's wife.
Some have the school of thought that Noah himself was sodomised or that Ham had sex with his mother?? Either way just wrong!
There are scriptures that show what to uncover the nakedness is. It talks about aunts, sister, daughters, and wife, etc.
It is very clear.
1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

melanie wrote:Noah cursed Canaan, you don't do such a thing because someone saw you naked when presumably it's your own fault for lying around starkers and drunk.
Thanks, Melanie. I read about it more and I agree.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Domenic wrote:
There are scriptures that show what to uncover the nakedness is. It talks about aunts, sister, daughters, and wife, etc.
It is very clear.
Yes Domenic there is, I didn't mean it was wrong in that sense, just yuck wrong. If that makes sense, wrong that that would happen.
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

melanie wrote:
Domenic wrote:
It is very clear.
Yes Domenic there is, I didn't mean it was wrong in that sense, just yuck wrong. If that makes sense, wrong that that would happen.
Of the eight people on the boat, Noah was the only one with very little Satan seed. All the others had much more...that is why what they did was evil. God had to let these live, or there would have been no human race alive today.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Domenic wrote:
No you guys are reading into the text your own analysis. The text is plain, he saw his father didn't cover him, but went and told his brothers and his brothers covered their father. How on earth does this passage mean having sex with his own mother. And if it was sex with mother than why would he go and tell his brothers and then they cover him. This sex theory makes no sense whatsoever. Nor does the Sodomizing theory holds water.

The only fact is, Ham saw his father in a disrespectful way and didn't do anything. He didn't care perhaps. That is what the scriptures say. Nakedness is just an English translation, which you just happen to read in two very different instances and proof texting it all the way, and on top of that not even considering the original tongue.

Sex in Genesis is always implied with words ''and he knew her', 'he went to her', he laid down with her', he took her' etc... From adam to Lot to Joseph. The author of Genesis repeatedly use a construct to imply sex. Even by this degree alone your use of the passage as Ham having sex with his mother is a literal blunder and unnatural fir the author to use. Semantics alone disagree with you.

Not to mention in the O. T, disrespecting your parents, seeing them in their privacy or cursing them is punishable by severe curses, and in some cases, death.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

neo-x wrote:
Domenic wrote:
No you guys are reading into the text your own analysis. The text is plain, he saw his father didn't cover him, but went and told his brothers and his brothers covered their father. How on earth does this passage mean having sex with his own mother. And if it was sex with mother than why would he go and tell his brothers and then they cover him. This sex theory makes no sense whatsoever. Nor does the Sodomizing theory holds water.

The only fact is, Ham saw his father in a disrespectful way and didn't do anything. He didn't care perhaps. That is what the scriptures say. Nakedness is just an English translation, which you just happen to read in two very different instances and proof texting it all the way, and on top of that not even considering the original tongue.

Sex in Genesis is always implied with words ''and he knew her', 'he went to her', he laid down with her', he took her' etc... From adam to Lot to Joseph. The author of Genesis repeatedly use a construct to imply sex. Even by this degree alone your use of the passage as Ham having sex with his mother is a literal blunder and unnatural fir the author to use. Semantics alone disagree with you.

Not to mention in the O. T, disrespecting your parents, seeing them in their privacy or cursing them is punishable by severe curses, and in some cases, death.
How heavy is a blanket that two men have to carry it? Here again is a scripture that states clearly what knowing the nakedness means.
Leviticus 20:11 And the man who lies down with his father wife has laid bare the nakedness of his father.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

You're confusing a euphemism with a technical term. But even beyond that, you're wrong. Gen says Ham saw Noah's nakedness. Lev says a man who sleeps with his father's wife has laid bare his nakedness. Frankly, I'm wondering at this point if you're just trolling.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

Jac3510 wrote:You're confusing a euphemism with a technical term. But even beyond that, you're wrong. Gen says Ham saw Noah's nakedness. Lev says a man who sleeps with his father's wife has laid bare his nakedness. Frankly, I'm wondering at this point if you're just trolling.
Trolling? My friend, I will not tell you where to stick it because it is against forum rules...But I can think it now can't I?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

And we have confirmation!
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

Jac3510 wrote:And we have confirmation!
My friend, I have seen you before, with many different faces, in many different parts of the world. My darling grand father told me when I was just a lad..."Birds of a feather, flock together."