Question about a supposed Jesus myth

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
EachNewDawn
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Question about a supposed Jesus myth

Post by EachNewDawn »

A few years ago, I was talking with a friend of a family member and the conversation turned towards Christianity. This person tried to discredit Jesus' resurrection by saying it was myth or symbol to do with the sun rising (I don't remember his exact words). At the time, I didn't know how to respond as I'd never heard such a thing before. I've tried to find reference to this on more than one occasion, and whilst I've come across other myths to do with Jesus Christ, I haven't found anything on this particular one. So, has anyone heard of such a myth or was it perhaps something just this person was spouting?

Peace be with you,

Each New Dawn
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Question about a supposed Jesus myth

Post by melanie »

It's a pagan, something to do with the sun gods of antiquity, google it.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Some people TRY to equate ancient legends and myths of other gods to show that Jesus was just a copycay god.
The problem is the more often than not, they have no idea what they are talking about.
Here is a good site to see some of the more common attempts to "co-related" other gods so as to give the impression of causation:
http://www.tektonics.org/copycathub.html
EachNewDawn
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EachNewDawn »

Thanks for you help, guys :D
I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. (Psalm 116:1-2)

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2)