Curious about more 'colourful' reasons for disbelief

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
EachNewDawn
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Curious about more 'colourful' reasons for disbelief

Post by EachNewDawn »

Hi everyone!

I'm curious to hear some more 'colourful' reasons people have given you for why they don't believe in G-d or why they disagree with Christianity. I'm not intending to mock or bash people, I'm just generally curious, especially as a lot of people don't have big elaborate reasons for their disbelief. As an example, I know one person who was trying to refute the existance of Jesus Christ by saying that the letter 'j' wasn't invented until about the 15th or 16th century. Of course, the name "Jesus" comes ultimately from Hebrew Yehoshua/Yeshua via Greek Iesous and Latin Iesus (the 'y' sound of Latin 'i/j' regularly becomes an English 'j').

Each New Dawn
I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. (Psalm 116:1-2)

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Curious about more 'colourful' reasons for disbelief

Post by B. W. »

EachNewDawn wrote:Hi everyone!

I'm curious to hear some more 'colourful' reasons people have given you for why they don't believe in G-d or why they disagree with Christianity. I'm not intending to mock or bash people, I'm just generally curious, especially as a lot of people don't have big elaborate reasons for their disbelief. As an example, I know one person who was trying to refute the existance of Jesus Christ by saying that the letter 'j' wasn't invented until about the 15th or 16th century. Of course, the name "Jesus" comes ultimately from Hebrew Yehoshua/Yeshua via Greek Iesous and Latin Iesus (the 'y' sound of Latin 'i/j' regularly becomes an English 'j').

Each New Dawn
Welcome to the Forum!

Here is a more modern reason is that some folks use not to trust in Jesus is the mindset that Jesus was a star child, an ET alien Hybrid, sent by 'star people' to begin a new evolved consciousness. That has to be one of the strangest I have heard and the newest too!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

EachNewDawn wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm curious to hear some more 'colourful' reasons people have given you for why they don't believe in G-d...
Seeing how you left out a letter, could you please be more specific? Who is G-d? Gad? Ged? Gid? Gud? :stirthepot:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Lonewolf »

RickD wrote:
EachNewDawn wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm curious to hear some more 'colourful' reasons people have given you for why they don't believe in G-d...
Seeing how you left out a letter, could you please be more specific? Who is G-d? Gad? Ged? Gid? Gud? :stirthepot:
Lol., you forgot the greek gYd?
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!