Is everyone a Christian by default ?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
LittleHamster
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Is everyone a Christian by default ?

Post by LittleHamster »

There was a man sent from God whose name was John
He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe.
He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. (John 1:9)

It seems that some people express their (Christian) Light more than others.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Is everyone a Christian by default ?

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Is everyone Christian by default?

Is that a trick question? Is it a serious question?
LittleHamster wrote:It seems that some people express their (Christian) Light more than others.
Yeah. Just like some people get an education and become very successful in the world, while others with the same education end up homeless. There are Billy Grahams among us, and then there's me. Go figure.

FL y:D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Is everyone Christian by default?

Is that a trick question? Is it a serious question?
LittleHamster wrote:It seems that some people express their (Christian) Light more than others.
Yeah. Just like some people get an education and become very successful in the world, while others with the same education end up homeless. There are Billy Grahams among us, and then there's me. Go figure.

FL y:D
FL,

Don't sell yourself short. Even though you're Canadian, God can still use you. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Yes and Canada now has Burger King too!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

We ALL have the potential to be Christian, yes.
I do NOT believe that some are predestined to damnation.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

PaulSacramento wrote:We ALL have the potential to be Christian, yes.
As usual, PaulS, your post is confusing Oh, Paul, thank you so much for your contribution!
RickD wrote:FL,Don't sell yourself short. Even though you're Canadian, God can still use you. :mrgreen:
What's worse than being Canadian? Being American and living in a U.S. State full of Canadians! LOSER! Thank you so much for your kind words, dear Bother in Christ!
B. W. wrote:Yes and Canada now has Burger King too!
??? ??? ??? ??? I can't think of anything rude to say about Burger King...Thanks to 1/137, I am becomming politically correct!!!...I've always enjoyed Burger King...the first time I was in Paris, I went to the Burger King on Les Champs Élysées...fond memories...

FL :heart:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

"Bother in Christ"?

Am I really a bother to you?

Oh woe is me! I have no reason to carry on anymore!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:"Bother in Christ"?
O! Woe is me! I misspelled BRother! And I've hurt the heart of my dear Brother in Christ!

Can I ever be forgiven by you?

FL :crying:

+ + +

+ + +
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

What did Mother Teresa say when she saw the homeless man ?.............."I see Christ in Beggars Clothes"

My next question would be, where on the Furstentum-RickD-B.W.-Sacramento Scale of becoming a Christian does one actually become a "Christian" ?

Is it the guy who goes to church every Sunday or is it the guy who raises the dead and walks on water?
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

As Paul. S. said in another thread...

"A Christian is anyone that puts His faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, Lord and saviour and the grace we have THROUGH Him.
Beyond that is politics and human doctrine."

I see many "Christians" that attend church out of habit and many follow only on a very superficial level.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

LittleHamster wrote:As Paul. S. said in another thread...

"A Christian is anyone that puts His faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, Lord and saviour and the grace we have THROUGH Him.
Beyond that is politics and human doctrine."

I see many "Christians" that attend church out of habit and many follow only on a very superficial level.
Yes well, being a Christian is different things to different people, heck according to some people HERE unless you believe EXACTLY like they do you are either not a "true" Christian or you don't take the bible seriously.
Of course if you study the history of Christianity you will see that it has always been an ever evolving religion, not the CORE belief mind you ( That of Salvation in Christ) but of the many different doctrines.

Not every Christian agrees with Calvinistic views of predestination, not every Christian agrees with observing the Sabbath, not every Christian agrees with that the Lord's supper means ( what happens to the wine and bread), not every Christian agrees about how to read the WHOLE of the Bible, not every Christian agrees on the rapture issue, not every Christian agrees on what Hell is, if there is a purgatory, etc, etc, etc.

Some Christians are very devote and ritualistic in their worship and others are not, some believe that going to Church is indispensable, other disagree.

I don't think it is right for any Christian to Judge the FAITH of another, heck, HOW CAN we?
That is up to God.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:We ALL have the potential to be Christian, yes.
As usual, PaulS, your post is confusing Oh, Paul, thank you so much for your contribution!
RickD wrote:FL,Don't sell yourself short. Even though you're Canadian, God can still use you. :mrgreen:
What's worse than being Canadian? Being American and living in a U.S. State full of Canadians! LOSER! Thank you so much for your kind words, dear Bother in Christ!
B. W. wrote:Yes and Canada now has Burger King too!
??? ??? ??? ??? I can't think of anything rude to say about Burger King...Thanks to 1/137, I am becomming politically correct!!!...I've always enjoyed Burger King...the first time I was in Paris, I went to the Burger King on Les Champs Élysées...fond memories...

FL :heart:
political correctness != lie
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

LittleHamster wrote:What did Mother Teresa say when she saw the homeless man ?.............."I see Christ in Beggars Clothes"

My next question would be, where on the Furstentum-RickD-B.W.-Sacramento Scale of becoming a Christian does one actually become a "Christian" ?

Is it the guy who goes to church every Sunday or is it the guy who raises the dead and walks on water?
Sorry about that littlehamster,

The topic was hijacked. Call this professional bantering in a good natured jolly way between friends...

On a scale from 1 thru 10 - to enter all you need to be is a 1 and the the Lord freely drives you the next higher scale. However, we often take the keys from him and drive in reverse a lot. But God's grace will lead us all home to that eventual 10 :)

It has all to do with the Lord working within and not so much other things. Often this working within will have us to do his will to others outside as per Eph 2:10

Do you see this?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

LittleHamster wrote:My next question would be, where on the Furstentum-RickD-B.W.-Sacramento Scale of becoming a Christian does one actually become a "Christian" ?
You have spent all this time with us, yet you still must ask? Don't you already know? You must know, because you posted the answer:
LittleHamster wrote:As Paul. S. said in another thread..."A Christian is anyone that puts His faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, Lord and saviour and the grace we have THROUGH Him.Beyond that is politics and human doctrine."
What else can there be to becoming a Christian?

FL :scratch:

EDIT FOR B.W. Okay, I just learned today that Burger King is buying a Canadian junk food chain in order - probably - to pay less U.S. taxes. Sadly, I worked freelance for another U.S. company that did just this. I'm sorry that your great country is being screwed by its own people.

+ + +

+ + +
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Ok. My theory is that everyone is a Christian however, not everyone is a saved Christian.

and I don't know why.

But thanks for all the info. I will keep investigating........